Chapter 49: It Would Solve All My Problems

Y/n pov

Sirius held me tightly as the people moved around us. I heard the train give its warning.

"I have to go," I whispered.

"I know," He grumbled. He loosened his arms around me.

"Stay safe," I whispered

"I will," he said, looking down at me. I pecked his lips before grabbing my bag from the ground next to us.

"I love you," he said

"I love you too." I said before going onto the train. I found reg and sat down with him. I saw sirius watching the train with sad eyes but a small smile on his face. I gave him a small wave before the train started to move. He stood there waving to me before he went out of view. I rested my head on the window. Barty and Evan walked in and sat down.

"Hello," They said. I looked over and gave them a small smile. I reached in my bag and grabbed out my book that sirius got me. I read while the boys talked quietly. We made it to hogwash and split our different ways. I sat down and continued to read my book. Dumbledore made his speech right before the food came out. I happened to notice that he didn't say anything about the upcoming war. I messed with the food on my plate desiding and I wasn't hungry. I pushed my plate away and went up to my dorm. I sat on my bed and grabbed the daily prophet that I got this morning. The main story was about what happened at the amusement park the other day. I read through it before seeing an article about Dumbledore. I read through it and saw that he wasn't telling anybody anything. I sighed and put the paper on my bedside table. I saw the picture of me and sirius on the bedside table and smiled a little. I changed into my pajamas and went to bed

▪︎☆▪︎☆○

The news keeps getting worse and worse about the war, but Dumbledore has yet to say anything, and sirius's and James's letters keep getting shorter and more vague. I don't remember the last time I ate. I know I usually don't eat much, but I'm not eating at all. Every time I even think about food, I feel that feeling that I would throw up. It's been a month and a half since I got back.

"Take a hit. It helps, " Regulus said, leaning in the railing i was sitting on.

"How'd you know I was up here?"

"Lucky guess," he shrugged. He passed the joint to me. I sighed and took it from him. I took a hit and blew out the smoke. "When was the last time you ate?" He asked. I shrugged. "Y/n"

"Break," I whispered, taking another hit. He sighed.

"Sirius wouldn't be happy,"

"I know. I just can't eat. It hurts. "

"You need something."

"I know."

He still leaned on the railing.

"You're not thinking about doing something stupid?" he asked.

"I was," I said, looking at the ground below. "But then I remembered sirius and James and lily and all of them and stopped,"

He watched me for a second. I looked up at the stars.

"You should head to bed. Sleep a little." He said. I shrugged. "Y/n what's wrong"

"This war," I whispered. "I feel... out of the loop. Sirius knows about it. James knows about it. They haven't told me anything, and Dumbledore hasn't said anything either. Why is this war not being talked about? " I said. He nodded next to me.

"I don't know,"

"I got hit with an attack when I was home, and everyone here is treating this war like it's nothing to worry about." He looked over at me as I took another hit. I looked down towards the ground again.

"Don't even think about it," he scolded. I looked over at him then at the railing.

"Would make my problems go away," I mumbled. He sat up straighter.

"It wouldn't. They'd haunt you forever. Think about James and your parents. Sirius. You know sirius can barely manage a few months without you but his whole life? That's a different story." I nodded slowly before swinging my legs over to the other side and jumped down onto the astronomy tower floor.

"I think I'll listen to your advice and go to bed."

"I think that's a good plan," he said as I passed him the joint. He took a hit before I walked down the stairs and back to the common room.

Regulus pov

As soon as she left, I went down to my common room and connected to the fireplace the order used.

"Sirius," I hissed. I heard footsteps before I saw sirius

"Reg?"

"Yeah."

"What up. Any news"

"Not in that sorta way," I said.

"What sorta way are we talking about?"

"A y/n type of way." His body stiffened as he heard that."She almost jumped today, " I said. "She knows you and James know things about the war, and she knows Dumbledore isn't going to be saying anything about it. She's nervous. She told me the other day that your letters to her were getting vaguer. That's not helping. "

"Shit," he muttered. "I uh fuck. How do I help with this. Shit"

"Theres also something else"

"What?"

"She hasn't eaten since break"

"What?"

"It's been a month and a half and she hasn't eaten. Her side has been bugger her aswell from the-"

"Death eaters." He sighed heavly. "I'll letter her. Her mum made her favorite cookies the other day. I'll send some of those and then have her meet me for a call. I know it's not much but that should help a little" he mumbled to himself. "Thanks for telling me." I nodded.

"Just looking out for you two,"

He sighed. "I wish I could be there for her. Tell her what's happening. "

"I know."

"Sirius! We're here!" I heard James yell.

"I have to go," he said, looking at me.

"Ok. Talk soon. "

"Yeah."

His face disappeared from the fire. I sat back before going up to bed.