viii.

"Yikes! He did it again!" Hinata says nervously

"That's the fourth consecutive service ace," Asahi says.

"Obviously, he's got power but that control of his is brutal." Coach Ukai says.

"But if we can just do something about that serve..." Hinata says. 

"Yes, his serve is terrifying but as a setter Oikawa is completely unknown to us," Suga tells them. 

" I think that setters...are a lot like conductors in an orchestra. You can have the same song and the same orchestra but change the conductor and you get a whole different sound." Coach Ukai says. 

"They seem to have really smooth teamwork," Suga says.

"Oikawa-san and Iwaizumi-san, their number 4 left. I heard they've been playing together since their elementary school team." Kageyama says.

"They have what you call a non-verbal understanding," I say. 

"I don't think it's because the second-year setter they used in the practice game was inferior in any way. He is at Seijoh after all. It's more like this Oikawa character...knows his team so well...he can bring them up to 100% functional capacity." Coach Ukai says and this caused everyone to be serious.

"The Great King is wicked cool!" Hinata exclaims out of nowhere. "I wanna play with him so bad!"

"Yeah! I hope he'll aim that serve at me! I wanna receive it!" Nishinoya says. 

"Noya-san, you're wicked cool too!" Hinata tells him. 

"Hey, look at that, Shoyo! It's a TV camera!" Nishinoya says excitedly as he points at the camera. 

"A TV camera?" Hinata asks. "Cool! I wanna be on TV too!"

"Hey, you two, the middle school...maybe you're in elementary school? Anyway, keep it down." One of the camera crew guys tells them. 

"I'm sorry..." Nishinoya and Hinata say and this caused everyone on their team to chuckle at them. 

🏐

As Coach Ukai was talking to the boys about tomorrow's strategy, Kiyoko and Hikaru headed home first as it was going to be a long day for them tomorrow. Once Hikaru reached back home, she suddenly got a call from Iwaizumi. 

"Hey! Karu, congrats on your team making it through the first day of the competition." He congratulates her. 

"Thanks." She tells him. "How are you feeling about tomorrow's match?"

"Excited. I can't wait to play against your team." He tells her truthfully. "By the way, can you check up on Oikawa for me?" 

"Oh, why? Did something happen?" I ask concernedly.