CHAPTER ONE

THE SOUND OF THE WATER FLOWED ALONG the air while the little flickers of the stream flew everywhere. The wind was slightly moderate as the waterfall in the distance was blocking most of the flow, which was a refreshing cold breeze to calm the skin from the ray of the sun. The sun reflected off the body of water underneath the waterfall, which was clear as day, with pretty shells and plants fulling it.

The trees and plants above surrounding the area moved slightly with the wind and took in the flicks of water as they danced with the wind. A hand dipped into the shallow water reaching into the sand at the bottom, the sound of bracelets and jewelry hitting each other ever so slightly. The wind sent sweet kisses to the sun-kissed and slightly burned face.

A loud horn from afar shook through the ground slightly and alerted the surroundings of new visitors. "Ah, what a shame. I was hoping for more time out here," spoke a soft voice before pulling their hand out of the water and shaking it off gently before descending into the dark shadows of the trees.

The Metkayina surrounded the foreign visitors who showed up unannounced on their land. Looks of concern and confusion spread across the faces of the Na'vi. Little to no words were spoken by the newly approaching Na'vi, ones that looked nowhere similar to the Metkayina.

The wind blew past harshly, indicating the beginni ng of something new. The eldest Na'vi approached first, looking back at his family to indicate them to follow him. "Be Nice," the eldest woman spoke to her family as they continued to approach, followed by an "Act cool" from the father. The crowd opened up slightly for two boys to approach the foreign Na'vi, giving them questionable looks.

The sons from the other Na'vi family greeted them with 'I see yous' just for them not to return the welcoming gestures. A bit disrespectful but nothing out of the ordinary for these boys. Circling and inspecting one of the boys pointed to their tails "Look! What is that supposed to be?" the shorter said as he pointed to their tails causing the taller boy to laugh.

In the distance, a female Na'vi approached out of the water, slightly pushing her long wavy hair out of the way of her face. She gracefully approached the group catching the eye of a particular young Na'vi boy who was star-struck by her appearance.

The older boy gave the younger brother a knowing smirk nudging him a little leading the younger one to roll his eyes and look back down to the ground. "How are they supposed to swim?! Can they do anything?" The shorter boy spoke again, still pointing at their tails, receiving a push from the younger girl

"Don't, Rotxo, Aonung." she spoke, tone laced with a bit of venom. She then looked towards the Na'vi boy in front of her and smiled, showing her perfect teeth and adorable smile.

"Hey." the younger Na'vi boy spoke to her nodding his head and trying to play it cool in front of her causing the girl to giggle and place a hand in front of her mouth with the biggest smile on her face.

"Tsireya, you've got to be kidding" Aonung spoke looking at the girl like she had just wronged him, her smiled dropped so fast, and she just glared at him before three giant skimwings emerged from out of the water flying over the Na'vi's heads and circling the group before landing back into the water.

The clan leader of the Metkayina approached the family carefully and the eldest male greeted them with a hand gesture "I see you, Tonowari."

Out from behind him, a strong Na'vi female approached with a powerful walk glaring at the group in front of her to stand by her mate's eyes, wondering and inspecting the details of the foreign Na'vi. "I see you, Ronal," greeted both the male and female Na'vi before the male focused his attention back on Tonowari, both of the women having a little bit of a glaring competition.