Author's Note

Hey lovelies,

Thanks for your interest!

*Offers you a virtual bowl of popcorn*

Because, what not?

About this novella:

This story is being written for the Open novella contest 2023 and is a stand-alone, canon divergent, open WangXian fan fiction.

No prior knowledge of the show (the untamed) or the  web novel (Grand master of demonic cultivation), it was inspired from is required.

It's based on a boy's love novel so it has a gay love story at heart.

It's rated mature because of language and content.

***

Prompts.

There are 3 prompts that appear in this story. In the order in which they appear is as follows:-

Prompt 63:- A rivalry between two coworkers has unforeseen consequences.

Prompt 56:- You are on a typical awkward elevator ride with a group of other people, and suddenly someone says, "so, I bet you are wondering why I have gathered you here." before hitting the emergency stop button.

Prompt 29:- When you touch a mirror,  it ripples like water. You dive in.

Interpretation:-

B is a powerful entity with time to kill.  She stumbles upon rumours of rivalry brewing between two junior level employees and pits them against each other in a game designed by them just for kicks. Things don't go as planned when she gets emotionally attached to two souls whose life her game has put at risk.

Additional information for the judges: The prompt (63) is implied in the second half of Chapter 0.5.

*****