Chapter 8: Lan Zhan

Lan Zhan's POV

Location: Earth.

Dimension: Undisclosed.

As expected, I was soaked to the bone within a few seconds of falling into the water. Ignoring the chill spreading through me, I ran my eyes over the vast expanse of water, trying to find the man I was supposed to seduce. Seduce, the word felt vulgar as it crossed my mind. 

Was I even capable of it when the only person who had ever made me feel anything was dead? 

I shook the nasty thought from my mind. I could still save Wei Ying. 'It is not too late for us, Wei Ying. I will save you. Come what-"

"Hey, asshol-" I heard someone, probably the one I was looking for, yell; focusing my attention on the hand disappearing underwater, I swam towards him.

Making haste, I took a deep breath and dived under. I found my assignment soon enough. The man was lean and tall, without even an ounce of fat, or so it seemed. A thick mane of short, dark hair obscured his face as I wrapped my arm around him and pulled us toward the light. 

A moment later, we broke water.

I was hoping for bright rays to greet us; however, that was not to be, as darkness embraced me with cold, open arms.  

*****

I opened my eyes and immediately realized that someone had tampered with my memories…perhaps more. Next, I registered an unfamiliar weight pressing down on me in a place I hadn't paid attention to…ever. 

Why would I? I didn't care about such disgusting matters. My primordial body, reacting to the situation in a fashion very unbecoming a cultivator, didn't seem to agree with me. How unfortunate.  

Pushing myself off the wet ground, I lowered my eyes to my lap, where a strangely dressed man lay face down with his mouth dangerously close to… Disgusting! 

I pushed the man and his ruby-red lips away from where they would have created a mess had I not acted promptly. 

Stabilizing my core which was buzzing with unwanted energy, I took in my surroundings. Nothing was familiar. I was not in Yunping. 

The thought makes my head hurt. 'Why am I thinking of Yunping? I haven't been to that fishing village since mother passed away. Then why?'

I abandoned that train of thought when I heard the slumbering man mutter something inaudible, fisting his fingers in the hem of my robes. 

His fingers were long; an image of them wrapped around something long and dark, moving up and down amidst sounds I hadn't heard as a student at Gusu, assaulted my mind.

Disgusting! 

Sorcery. It had to be! Why else would I be seeing things...such shameless things. 

'Lan Zhan, are you sure you don't have a girl you would like to introduce us to?' I was sure my brother had questioned me recently. 

When though? 

I glanced at the unconscious man and noticed my pulse jump. That was not the only thing that jumped at the thought of having the man close. Very close. 

I could hear a storm approaching us; averting my eyes, I stood up and surveyed the area. We needed to get under a roof. Somewhere safe and warm. I instinctively reached for my sword and left a breath I didn't know I was holding when my finger wrapped around its hilt. 'At least you are still here.'