Chapter- 20

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Shivaay's POV -

My wife was going to be the death of me. She was everything I once loathed in a person. Weak, vulnerable and self-depreciating but as she started opening herself to me, even if that was unknowingly, I couldn't help but admire every single thing about her.

She had gone through the worst of the world and yet, there was still the ability left in her to find good in people, to put others before herself.

She had taken over my days, nights and thoughts and there was not one moment where I wanted to change it.

Perhaps, if there was, the one thing I would change about her was her utter lack of faith and belief in herself.

" You are falling in love with your wife." Anamika had made her way into my office unannounced as she took a seat opposite to me.

" Don't you have to be somewhere?" I asked her, avoiding the statement she had just made.

" Exactly where I am right now." She grinned, snatching my phone away into her hands and look at what I was looking at.

" You are turning into a big softie bhai. I never thought this day would come where I will catch you looking at a picture, most of all, your wedding picture and be lost in your wife's thoughts in the middle of a workday, provided that perhaps you are hosting the biggest success party of your career." She said, still looking into my phone but her voice had turned from taunting to understanding.

" Why don't you tell her that you are falling in love with her?" She asked, breaking the silence once again after I had shifted my focus back to the excel sheet in front of me.

" She is not ready for anything Anamika." I let her know the truth. What was the point of lying to her.

" OMG. You did not even deny. You have got it bad bhai." Her annoying taunts were back.

" Don't you have work to do? It is a work afternoon." I tried to her her to go away but knowing my sister, she was not planning on doing anything like that.

" Nupur is handling. Bhai I am serious. Tell her. What is this about her not being ready? Have you not seen her? She looks at you like you are her whole world now.  I am sure you haven't missed this detail, nobody can!" She exclaimed, handing my phone back.

" She is not even comfortable around me and there is nothing I am going to do unless that goes away." I told her.

" Have you even given it a thought as to why is it that she is not comfortable around you? Bhai you keep her on her toes and force her to feel things which she has been guarding for anyone. She hasn't even got any basic affection from her parents, let alone any importance. The you storm into her life and start giving her everything she deserves. She does not know what is going on with her. She needs you to take the first step and I am sure she will take the rest on her own. I can see that in her."  She is one person after Maa who knows what to say and when to say it to me.