18/03/23 & 01/01/24

- This update was written and published 18th March 2023, and rewritten 1st January 2024 before being republished.

This update is VERY important if you plan this whole story in it's entirety. I first started writing this story on the 20th January 2020, and on the 18th of March 2023 I went through all of the chapters already published and edited them. There's no major changes but it's been edited enough that whoever would like to read this book I'd suggest re-reading from the first chapter.

I've went back and forth over the time of writing this story what year I should place Harry and his friends in, I've went from fifth year, to fourth year, and now with my most recent string of updates I've done 30th December 2023 onwards I've went back to placing them at the start of fifth year at the start of this book. Meaning the students are 15-16 at the start of the book and have the entire of 5th year to complete, 6th year to complete at ages 16-17, and then 7th year to complete at ages 17-18. Harry and his friends have 3 years of Hogwarts left including 5th year. 

The second main change is during the first draft of chapter 1 - 4 originally I'd wrote that the Hogwarts students had phones and could contact each other via messages, I showed this when Draco asked Harry for his number when they shared a compartment on the way to Hogwarts, they then spent the night on call to each other. I liked this idea at first but then quickly changed my mind and wanted to keep to the original method of communication, letters. Keeping to the original way also sounded better within this specific story, I don't want to modernise Hogwarts.

There are a few more changes throughout the story so make sure to head back to the start, as I've also written the letters they send to each other, which adds to the story and makes the rest of the story make more sense.

- A.

-
341 words - 18/03/23 & 01/01/24