chapter 10 - food stash

Warnings:
> 0
———

It was the boys first night sharing a room together, Harry found himself questioning if he made the right choice in accepting Draco's earlier offer.

The room was notably different to his Gryffindor room. Once you walked in you'd be met with two beds, both accented green, each one placed in the two corners of the room, next to each bed sat a bedside table, at the bottom of each bed there was a desk accompanied with a comfortable looking, green accented chair.

A noise coming from the opposite side of the room caused Harry to look over. The other boy was now facing him, "Can't sleep either?" he hummed in response. The time on the clock read 12am, two hours past curfew.

After more silence, and debating on whether he should speak or stay silent, Harry whispered, "To be honest I'm a little hungry."

Some rustling came from the other bed before a figure stood in front of the door, holding a wand that light was now illuminating from. Harry raised his eyebrows, "Come on." and he was ushered out the door.

As they got closer to the bottom of the stairs Harry noticed a light in the common room, now within view of the active light Draco whispered "Nox." making the illumination from his wand disappear. Four students were visible sitting at the table, a half deck of cards placed in the middle and a few placed in each of their hands.

Harry spoke up, "You guys stay in here past curfew? Won't you get in trouble?"

"We only stay in here if we can't sleep and our head of house is Snape, I think we'll be fine." One of the girls at the table answered.

Harry looked around not finding Draco in his previous spot standing next to him, "I'm over here." looking towards the voice he found the boy sitting in front of a chest in the corner of the room. "What are you doing?"

"You said you were hungry, get what you want." Harry looked into the chest, so much food that it felt like a replica of Mary Poppin's bag only it was now turned into a chest.

Chocolate frogs, crisps, sandwiches, anything you could think of would probably be in this chest, they kept the food cool with a certain spell. "You guys keep a chest of food in here?"

"We prefer to call it a stash." Another one of the card playing students spoke from his spot in the middle of the room.

After deciding on one of the sandwiches, Harry and Draco were now back in their room, both eating their food.

Only Draco didn't fail to notice how Harry didn't eat it all, only part of it.

The blonde boy broke the comfortable silence that had filled the room.

"You never answered my question earlier, favourite movie?" he took a second to ponder on the question figuring out whether he should tell the truth or maybe just say some random action movie he'd barely paid attention to.

"It might be stupid," Draco was looking at him waiting for the answer, "I'll doubt I'll find it stupid."

"The land before time."

The other boy wore a confused expression "I don't think i've heard that one before, what's it about?"

"I don't want to spoil it, it's about a little dinosaur family, it's so cute," a genuine smile played on Harry's face, genuine enough for the other boy to realise how beautiful that one action was, his face was so beautiful with a true smile. The smile turned into a slight frown, "Well most of it is cute, some of it's pretty sad."

Draco hummed in response, "it sounds good, I'll have to watch it."

"I have it on DVD if you wanted to watch it."

He smiled a little, "Yeah that sounds good. But for now me and you have to go to sleep it's half past 3, classes start at 9."

They both got back in bed and fell asleep, feeling a little better than when the day had started.

663 words - chapter 10: food stash

apologies for the super slow updates! trying to edit the book entirely at the moment and write some other things, be sure to check my account for new content and updates! - ash <3