𝟭𝟮. 𝗹𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗶𝗲𝗹𝗱

Olivia's pov

Time passed quickly, and before I knew it, it was Saturday, the day of our date. Well, we didn't talk much about it in past few days, and I am kinda nervous if she canceled it.

That's why on Saturday morning I take my phone with wanting to text a girl, but the first thing I notice is a message from my mom.

Mom: You and Nate are invited on tomorrow's dinner. Be early, around 3pm, we have something to tell you.

Olivia: ok, see you soon

I let out a loud sigh. I really don't want to go there. Especially with Nate. Thankfully I don't have any new bruise, but I know that my boyfriend would use every occasion to attack me. Or maybe this dinner is a good event to break up with him...?

I try to push the thoughts of my terrible boyfriend out of my head as I text Grace. I have the impression that it sounds stupid, but on the other hand, I don't want to get my hopes up.

Livvy: hey Grace is our date still on?

Gracie: HEY LIVVY YES IT IS I AM SO EXCITED
Gracie: CAN'T WAIT TO SEE U
Gracie: i dont know what u are gonna wear but i already know u will be beautiful

Livvy: jesus shut up look at u
Livvy: cant wait to see u too 💗

Gracie: i'll pick u up at 7pm

Livvy: okay

A few hours later I start to prepare myself for the date. Jesus, I am extremely excited. But also pretty insecure...

I open my closet to find this one, long, light purple dress. I bought it on shopping with Grace some time ago and I think it's a perfect occasion to wear it.

I put the dress on my bed, then I go to the bathroom and I'm taking off my tracksuits and underwear, and I hop up to the shower. The water is very hot, as I love. The feeling how it burns my skin makes me calm, even if it is some method of self hurt, it helps me relax. Then I shave everything but my head and leave the shower.

I wrap myself in a towel, grab a brush, and run my wet, dark hair through.

When I'm done with makeup (I only put some mascara, eyeliner and lipstick) and hair, I go to the room and change into purple dress. I decide to wear a pretty lace black bra without straps and matching underwear under it.

I stand in front of the mirror and stare at myself, and I have to admit - I feel really pretty tonight. But when I turn myself to the side, I notice that my stomach looks kinda flatulent. I haven't eat a lot today, so it's a little weird, but I try to not think about it.

At 6:55pm Grace texts me that she's waiting, so I grab my purse and phone, and I leave my apartment. I almost fell down on the stairs (warning: don't run in heels), but luckily I open the glass door and leave the building, seeing Grace's black car.

I glance at her suv and notice her head. That's when she gives me a look and opens passenger's door, she gets out of the car.

My stomach flinches as I see her whole body, covered in a white, simple dress. Her hair is curly, makeup is delicate. She looks so simple... and that's why my heart's pounding and for me, she's the most gorgeous girl I've ever seen.

"Hey, beautiful!", she comes over me with open arms, in another moment she closes me in a hug.

"Hi, Gracie. You look so lovely", I say, being cuddled to her.