𝟭𝟳. 𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗽𝗶𝘁𝗮𝗹

Grace's pov

I blink and come back to reality.

"Hey, do you hear me?", I hear someone's voice. I blink again and stare at the wall in front of my eyes. I remember myself everything what just happened. 

"Olivia. What's with Olivia?", I ask quickly and I take a deep breath.

"Calm down. You fainted for a while when I told you her diagnosis", I nod, but I'm still not fully concious. "Well, how do you feel? Do you wanna drink some water?"

"Yes, please", I sigh.

A moment after the nurse gives me a plastic cup and I take a sip. 

"How's Olivia?", I ask tiredly. Even when I have no force to sit there, she's still the most important for me and I'm worried.

"She's unconsious. Her bruises will heal in a few weeks, so she will be cured. We'll see how her ribs are, but broken ribs aren't as dangerous. And", he sighs, "her miscarriage. Fatigue and loss of appetite may be the consequence, she may have a problem with sleeping... she's gonna need an emotional support so bad".

I nod and my eyes are tearing up again.

"Did you really couldn't save that baby?", I almost whisper.

"I'm so sorry about the baby, and its mother. It was too late, the miscarriage practically happened while still at home and in the ambulance".

"Are you telling me that I could do something to save the baby?", I get angry.

"No, absolutely no. In this case, nothing could be done. You're not to blame, be calm", the doctor smiles sadly.

"Who will tell her?"

"You can do it, if you don't mind. Or at least you should be with her when she's gonna find out".

I nod and the doctor apologizes again, he walks again. I can't help but I start to cry so hard.

My girlfriend lost her baby. She was pregnant. And I found it out today. How could I not see that before? She carried the little one under her heart, and now she has lost it. I know it's about her, but I feel this pain too. It's tearing me apart.

I need to call her family. Or best friends.

Liv told me she has better contact with her dad than with the mother, so maybe I'll call him? But they might be on Nate's side... I'll call her best friend.

I take Olivia's phone out of my bag and find Conan's number, it's first on my favorites list. I'm calling and waiting to be picked up.

"Hi Liv, what's up?", Conan picks up the phone.

"Conan, it's Grace. Olivia's in the hospital".

ఌ︎

"Olivia, where's Olivia!?", Conan stumbles into the hospital ward. As soon as I see him, I run up and burst into tears.

"He beat her up", I cry.

Conan freezes.

"Who did beat her up?", he asks silently.

"Nate..."

Conan pushes away from me and kicks the chair.

"Fuck! I know something was wrong with him! What the fuck!", before he hits the wall with his fist I grab his hand to calm him down.