𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝟐:𝟏𝟖

ʟᴇꜱꜱᴏɴ ʟᴇᴀʀɴᴇᴅ

Averie sat at the desk, trying to block out the chaos in the ED until someone called on her. She was listening to Maggie give the new nurse Monique the run down on how the ED worked.

"Deer in the headlights," Doris stated.

Maggie hummed in agreement.

"Nursling?" Doris continued.

"Monique Lawson. She's got her pediatric advanced life support certification, and is doing her ED check-off skills training with yours truely."

"Be careful, she bites," Doris warns jokingly.

"Monique, Doris, move," Maggie pushed past them.

Doris turned to sit against the desk Averie was sitting at.

Monique turned to continue talking to them. "I hardly slept last night," she laughs, "I couldn't stop thinking. I mean, so many people coming in, horrible injuries."

"And this isn't even a busy day," April stated, shaking her hand.

"I just hope I'm up to it."

"Quick, nurses' credo?" Maggie prompted.

"Uh, cure sometimes, treat often, comfort always," Monique recited.

"Uh-uh," Maggie wiggled her finger. "Don't kill your paitent..."

"Because that's the doctor's job," everyone except Averie and Monique finished.

"I heard that," Josie walked over to the nurses. "Maggie whatcha got for me?" she asked, the two of them walking away.

"Hey Averie," April spoke softly next to her. Averie' head rose for the first time the whole conversation. "You feeling alright? You're quiet."

"Yeah, yeah I'm good," she stood and walked off.

-

Averie walked into the doctor's lounge at the end of her shift. She had her coat on and her bag thrown over her shoulder. She walked over to pour herself a cup of coffee but stop pouring as tear clogged her vision. She backed away from the counter and planted herself on the couch, she dropped her bag at her side and buried her face in her hands. She didn't hear the door open and someone walk in until their was a hand on her back, gently rubbing up and down. Looking up, Averie made eye contact with April and Lacey, looking down at her sympathetically.

"Ave, what's going on? You've been quiet and reserved all week. What happened?" Lacey asked.

Averie sniffed and wiped her eyes. "Nothing. I'm fine."

"No you're not. We can help if you just tell us what's wrong," April continued.

"No you can't. You guys can't fix this one. Not this time," Averie said quietly.

"What? Ave-" Lacey was cut off.

"He left me okay?!" she exclaimed, tears streaming down her face. "He just walked out," she whispered.

"Who? Jay? He left?" Lacey questioned.

"I walked into the apartment to find him packing a bag. I tried asking him what was going on. He just gave me some bs about how he's not in the right head space and how he didn't deserve me. And then he just walked out," she cried. "I- I tried to stop him, I told him that I could help him, that he could talk to me, but he didn't listen."

"Averie. I'm so sorry. I don't know what's wrong with him but I know Jay's crazy for you," April reassures, her and Lacey pulling Averie into a tight hug.

"If he is he's got a funny way of showing it," she grumbled.

"You'll be just fine, Aves. You're hot, you're smart, you're a catch. Any guy would be lucky to have you," Lacey reminded.

okay i'm just gonna publish everything i've written so far so it's gonna be all messy and unedited so if u see a typo or som just lmk and ill fix it

okay i'm just gonna publish everything i've written so far so it's gonna be all messy and unedited so if u see a typo or som just lmk and ill fix it. thanks! hope yall enjoy and somewhat understand! if it would make more sense, i can publish my "summaries" for each season that i made when i was figuring out the contents!! 

<3<3