1. Prince won the battle

disclaimer-

This story, places, names, incidents in the story is entirely a fiction based on the author's thoughts. This is just intended for entertainment and not to hurt beliefs of anyone. As this is a historical fiction and the author is new to this genre, please forgive if any mistakes are seen and let the author know to correct them.

Hoping to create magic with this novel. Happy reading...

© All rights reserved..

*************

Author's POV

The year 1562. Outskirts of Vijayanagara empire, hindustan.

The noice of horses paw, the blare of the striking swords, blood, corpses all around, thunderous screams, numerous arrows... The sight of the battlefield.

"Hara hara Mahadeva" a loud hail was heard. The next moment, the sword pierced the opponent's head and the head reached the ground. The body took a few steps forward and backward and fell on the ground with blood oozing out.

Silence spread all around. The soldiers stood on their knees and bent their heads. There stood the Prince Rudra Pratap with the sword in his hand and rage in his eyes. His nostrils widening to take breath. His eyes not less than a volcano. He had a cut on his left shoulder with fresh blood oozing out.

"I Rudra Pratap, Prince of Vijayanagara having won the battle against Kalinga, order the people of Kalinga to migrate every valuable to Vijayanagara. I order everyone especially the women to be brought to the Royal Palace" Rudra Pratap roared out of his chest.

"Yes your highness" replied the soldiers who were on their knees.

"Senapathi make sure everything goes well. What to do with these people, I will decide it in the palace" said Rudra Pratap.

"Yes yuvaraja (prince)"said Senapathi Dhigvijay.

A wave of cold breeze passed through the battlefield messing Rudra Pratap's hair. He ran his fingers through his hair and pushed them back and left the field with some of his soldiers back to the palace.

*********

Vijayanagara palace

The court was filled with hails and praises of Prince Rudra Pratap for his victory. The king Mallikarjuna rolled his moustache for his son's victory. The queen Gayatri Devi had an ever lasting smile on her face.

The announcement of the Prince's arrival is done. Rudra Pratap seated on the throne next to his parents throne with a royal smile. The trumpets were blown.

After a while, a messenger reached the palace with the news of the people of Kalinga coming to the palace. The court room was filled with silence for a moment and the next minute filled with praises of the Prince again.

A few minutes later, the court was filled with the echoing of anklets. Murmurings were heard. Women stood with their eyes glaring at the floor. Men stood with their hands tied.

A victorious smile spread on the prince's lips.

"Start the hearing" roared the Prince which was easy enough to frighten anyone.

"Your highness.. after the battle we won elephants, horses, treasure, cattle, weapons, land, the fort and many more things" it was said.

"Good to hear. All the animals and other resources will be merged with our's. Children will join schooling. Men will join our army and other works. And women" said the Prince and looked at the women and continued "Women will join the works of the palace and other WORKS" he stressed and that made the women shiver.

The people around started praising the prince again.

"Enough for today. I request everyone to take rest" said the Prince and stood up. The king and the queen too stood up and trumphets were blown again. Everyone stood up and the royal family left to their respective chambers.

Rudra Pratap entered his chamber. He threw the shawl on the bed and seated on the couch. Stretching his leg on the table, he closed his eyes resting his body on the couch and let a sigh escape his mouth.

The memories of her flashed in his brain. Her peaceful laugh echoed in his ears. All of a sudden her tears flashed in his brain and he opened his eyes. His eyes turned red the very next moment.

He got up from the couch and walked out of his chamber. He crossed the corridor and took a left turn. The announcement of the Prince's arrival was done.

He reached a big chamber and in a rage kicked open the door of it. The ladies who were inside the chamber got up in a jerk and looked at each other and at the Prince tensed. He entered in.

He wandered his eyes all around and his sight fell on a lady who was once a maid in the Kalinga fort.

He clapped his hands and an attendee arrived.

"Send the information to Kanchana that she need to get a girl decked up for me tonight" ordered Prithvi Raj and the attendee nodded his head and left.

"You" Rudra Pratap pointed the finger towards her and continued "get ready tonight" and left in a rage.

Everyone looked at the maid and gulped the lump formed in their throats.

Rudra Pratap entered his chamber and opened a large trunk box which had varieties of alcohol in it.

He filled a jar with alcohol and seated on the couch sipping the alcohol directly from the jar.

It was night and Rudra Pratap didn't stop drinking. He finished four jars of alcohol and was about to fill fifth one when an attendee came to his chamber.

"Prince" he said and Rudra Pratap lifted his head and looked at him.

"What?" asked the prince.

"Kanchana is here with the lady you asked for in the evening" said the attendee and it was then he remembered about it.

"Send them inside" said the prince and the attendee nodded his head and left.

After a minute Kanchana, a lady in her forties, entered in with the maid.

Kanchana was once a lady whom every man desired of. She enchanted men with her every move. It was her age which slowly started taking toll on her.

"I decked her as you liked Prince" said Kanchana and the prince looked at the maid. She was in a red coloured half saree. Red was something which always turns on the prince.

"I hope you liked it" said Kanchana and the prince looked at Kanchana.

"Enjoy" said Kanchana and left his chamber after closing the doors.

The prince looked at the maid.

.

.

.

to be continued..

____

Here is the first chapter. How is it? Hope you liked it.

Please do let me know through the comments.

See you with the next chapter.

Thank