𝟭𝟮

AIMEE

I got back to work and everything had been going well. Maybe too well.

Mr. Hyde has been treating me extra nicely.

He doesn't ignore me as much, he puts extra time to come outside if he needs anything and he doesn't call on the phone as often as before.

It has been almost a month since I was sick and in all of this time, Mr. Hyde has been acting differently.

He even smiles more, which as I said, I've never seen him smile at me before. He seems more at ease and more joyful.

I don't know what happened but I was satisfied. As long as my boss was not grumpy and moody, I was happy.

Everything was going smoothly, even the work was going well. We had an upcoming meeting that was really important and me and Mr. Hyde have been preparing for it.

We even ate lunch together. Every day Mr. Hyde ordered us food. At first, it was weird to be in his office for every lunch break but either way, I was always having lunch alone so I didn't really mind it.

We talked about everything and anything.

Evelin and Rowan have been making sneaky comments about everything that was happening. It did make me wonder why was Mr. Hyde acting like this.

But again, I tried not to think about it and get my hopes up.

The door of his office opened. Mr. Hyde stepped out and turned to me. "Can you come inside, I need to talk to you about something." He looked a little nervous.

"Okay." I stood up and followed behind him. I have no idea what this conversation would be about.

He sat on his chair and turned his attention to me.

"You know the meeting I have with Mr. Harmon?" He asked.

"Yes, sir I know." We had the meeting the next week. It was very important and I've been stressing about it these last few days. It's not like this is a first meeting but it was nothing new for me. I was always anxious and nervous about stuff like this.

"Their office is five hours away and we have one meeting on Wednesday and the other one on Friday." He leaned back on his chair. Playing with the pencil in his hand.

"I have a lake house that's close to their building. It's about forty-five minutes away." He scratched the back of his neck.

"If you don't mind we can stay in the house on Thursday, so we don't have to come back here. It's a long drive so it would be useless to come back just for a day." He waited for my answer, uncertain of what I was going to say.

And I didn't know what to say. This never happened before so I wasn't sure how to answer it.

"Umm, I thought Mr. Kaiden was going to take us there." Kaiden was Mr. Hyde's driver. He usually drove us wherever we were going for work.

"His wife is pregnant and I told him to stay with her. And also I can drive us myself." Oh, I didn't know Kaiden's wife was pregnant. I met her once and she was the sweetest lady with the most beautiful black hair I've ever seen.

"I'm so happy for them. I'll make sure to buy her something." I smiled. I loved buying gifts for babies. I couldn't wait for Evelin to have kids.

I also wanted kids on my own.

Mr. Hyde nodded. "So would you be okay if we stay there?" His eyebrows raised, a nervous look on his face.

I mean I couldn't say no. It would be unfair for him to drive there, then back here, and then go back there again.

"Yes, of course, sir," I assured him.

A relief washed over his face and he sighed.

"Okay then." We agreed on it and I went back to my work. I wasn't sure how this trip was going to go. I've never stayed with Mr. Hyde in the same house for a night. Alone.

If we traveled we usually stayed in a hotel but never somewhere alone.

Don't make a big deal out of it Aimee.

I sat by my desk and tapped my fingers on the table. I guess I'll have to pack my stuff and get ready for the trip.

New chapter!! 🌷

If you like it vote and also comment🥹 i really want to know your thoughts on the book.