𝟮𝟬

AIMEE

The sound of rain against the car window calmed my nerves. Soft melodies played in the background.

We were going back.

Back to reality. Back to our ordinary life and I was freaking out. What if things don't work out for us? In the lake house, there was no one around, it was just me and him.

There was no one there to judge us, no one to gossip about. I know I shouldn't care about it, but I didn't want Leo's reputation to be ruined, even though he said he didn't care, I care about it.

He worked so hard and for all to be ruined because of me, I wouldn't be able to take it.

His hand caressed my thigh in a soothing way. My eyes followed the drops on the window that were creating different patterns. I wish the rain would wash out all of my worries and make them disappear.

No matter how much I tried, my mind always worked against me.

"What are you thinking about?" Leo's voice pulled me back from my chaotic thoughts.

I didn't want him to worry, I was already reflecting my stress on him. But I couldn't keep my thoughts to myself and ruin everything by not communicating with him.

"Just thinking how will things work out for us." I placed my hand on his and turned my head to him.

I watched his profile, admiring his eyes that were focused on the road, his perfectly carved nose, and his plump lips. His facial hair was growing out and it made him even more beautiful.

"I already told you, and I'm going to say it again. Nothing's going to change between us." He squeezed my thigh in a reassuring way. "Please baby don't stress."

"Okay," I whispered and continued observing his perfect face.

A yawn escaped my lips and my eyes started to close. The rain added relaxing sounds that tickled my brain.

I felt Leo's hand smooth my hair and his fingers caress my cheek before I fell asleep.

-----

"We're here baby." A kiss was planted on my forehead.

I opened my eyes and Leo's car was parked in front of my apartment building. It was still raining but not as heavily. I looked at the clock and it was close to 4 pm.

He helped me get the suitcase out and we started walking towards my apartment. Thankfully it was on the second floor.

I searched for the keys and after a few frustrating seconds, I found them. I opened the door and stepped inside.

"Are you going to be okay?" Leo asked, his eyes coated with worry.

"Yes, I have to call Evelin to tell her that I arrived." I missed her and Lexi. I couldn't wait to see them.

"Okay, call me if you need anything." He wrapped his hands around me and held me close to his chest. His warm body gave me comfort. We kissed goodbye and he left.

He was tired from the road, so I told him to go home and rest.

I closed the door behind me and sighed. The nap I took in the car made me even more exhausted.

Not wasting any time, I called Evelin.

"Helloo!" She picked up. I immediately heard Lexi in the background meowing.

"How are you, Eve?" I flopped myself on the couch and a big sigh left my body. I put the phone on the speaker and laid back.

"I'm actually amazing. Are you back?"