𝗯𝗼𝗻𝘂𝘀 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟱

LEONARDO

"Leo, can you feed Aaron?" I heard Zaria's voice from the living room. I was currently getting dressed and was about to dry my hair.

I had just gotten home from work and I was excited to spend time with my family. It was this I yearned most at work. Being with them. With my kids. It didn't matter how much they messed up my clothes with food, or when they all cried in union. It didn't matter as long I was with them.

My small family. My wife, my princess Aurora and my two boys Axel and Aaron.

It was all I ever wanted and I was finally having it.

"Yes!" I shouted back while ruffling my hair with the soft towel. After I was done, I threw it in the bin with dirty clothes and marched to the living room.

Aurora was playing with the squashy unicorns, that she cried so much for when she saw them on TV. Zaria was feeding Axel and struggling to feed Aaron as well.

Aaron and Axel were complete opposite. While Axel was very energetic and bubbly, Aaron was very calm and rarely cried. He would take Axel's hand and calm him down, even though they were barely two, he was already protective of him.

Aurora on the other hand always took care of her little brothers. She would sing them songs from her favorite cartoons and dance for them. They loved watching her do that.

Their brown eyes sparkled with joy every time they saw their big sister.

Zaria pushed the bangs away from her face and spun her head around. "This is for him." She pointed to the small bowl with food. I quickened my steps and sat on the chair next to Aaron. Both him and his little brother had brown hair and light brown eyes. They weren't identical but they still resembled each other.

I took the blue spoon and took some of the dinner Zaria had prepared and brought it to his lips.

Within few minutes, he ate all of the food. I placed kisses on their foreheads and went to wash the bowls while Zaria cleaned the table that was covered with small hand prints.

Aurora was the next one to eat and she did it herself since she was older now. It filled me with pride but also sadness seeing them grow up so fast.

We then gave them a bath and it was their time for bed. They protested for a while but they got tired and their rooms got filled with silence.

They were sound asleep after an hour of getting in their beds.

We left the doors open in case they start to cry or need something. Then, we walked to our bedroom. Zaria was dragging herself and massaging her neck. Both of us were tired.

I went to the bathroom to get ready and then Zaria went after me. I sat on the bed, only in boxers and waited for her to get out.

I missed her so much. I just wanted to have her in my arms and fall asleep like that.

When I heard the door open, I turned around and saw her close it behind her. She was dressed in biker shorts and an oversized t-shirt, what I assume was taken from my closet. She looked adorable. But the room was too hot and I doubt she'll feel comfortable with a long t-shirt.

"Aren't you going to get hot baby?" I pointed to her top. She quickly pulled it down, taking the covers and laying on the bed.

She laid there, her back turned to me. Did I do something wrong?

I sat up higher on the bed and reached for her shoulder. "Zaria, tell me what's wrong." She shrugged and then turned on her back. Her eyes avoiding mine.