Weekly Battles

Ning Yuexi had to wake up at six the very next day of her arrival. The classes here start at sharp six thirty in the morning. Basically all the students had to go on a two hour long run and then start their theoretical classes at nine.

Hu Leina seemed to be accustomed to waking up early and as a roommate kindly woke Ning Yuexi up. Ning Yuexi only felt her life shortened by two years after waking up this early. In seven treasure glazed tile clan, she usually wake up at nine o'clock and always thought it was normal. At this moment she could only cry sadly to the system. But the system gloated at her misfortune silently.

Hu Leina and Ning Yuexi quickly went to their classroom. There were already more than half of the seats occupied. Fortunately, the boys had two seats reserved for them.

Hu Leina went to sit next to her brother Xie Yue and the only seat unoccupied was beside Xu Shaoyan. Ning Yuexi could only sit beside him. On the other hand Xu Shaoyan was very excited and started chatting about anything and everything.

Sometimes Ning Yuexi couldn’t help but listen closely as there were quite a few information among all his nonsense.

"Xixi how did sleep last night? Are you getting used to here?"

"It's okay. Nana is very nice and cute." Ning Yuexi replied. After all, it’s impossible to ignore his chatters.

"We have to run for two hours and do other exercise the next hour. Are you prepared?" Xu Shaoyan was looking at her micro expression of wanting to die and was very amused. Oh, it was his favourite pass time.

The system was sure that Xu Shaoyan must know all her duplicity and inner drama. But it had no evidence.

"Yes. It's okay." It's absolutely not okay! System help!

[No cheating]

Despair flashed over her face but she could only smile at Xu Shaoyan and pretend to be cool.

That moment the class teacher entered, "Good morning students. We have to run two hours so please start to warm up. Oh before that, you have two new classmates. Xu Shaoyan, Ning Yuexi please come and introduce yourselves."

Ning Yuexi followed Xu Shaoyan towards the front and introduced after him.

"Hello! I am Xu Shaoyan. Twelve years old. Martial soul Sun Sword. Third ring assault department soul master. Please advice!" Xu Shaoyan looks very sunny and warm but actually it’s very hard to get his recognition. So even if he was smiling when he introduced, it didn’t make others feel overly friendly.

"Hello everyone! I am Ning Yuexi. Twelve years old. From Seven treasure glazed tile clan. Martial soul Butterfly treasure crown. Third ring auxiliary department soul master. Please advice." Ning Yuexi waved at them after she finished her introduction.

Everyone was surprised at their high cultivation base.

The teacher didn’t let them dwell on it and quickly took them towards the open field. Wuhun Academy itself was very large and the class Ning Yuexi attened was also a key training class. So there was a training field specifically for them to use.

After some warm up, they really had to run for two hours. Ning Yuexi didn’t feel any discomfort in the firsr thirty minutes. But as one hour passed she felt her legs were no longer her own. After possessing her martial soul, she ran another thirty minutes and the last thirty minutes she had to use her second soul skill boast herself.

Ning Yuexi was very happy when she knew the auxiliary department soul master had many training besides running course that's very helpful. But she didn’t know, she had to run two hours early in the morning sacrificing her sleep.

Xu Shaoyan took her to rest for an hour besides the training ground. Little by little Ning Yuexi accumulated her energy to finally walk to the next class. The theory class. The classroom was neat and spacious.

Their was the special S class with all the junior core students. They were all around eleven to thirteen years old. They were being trained to participate in the All Continental Soul Master Competition in eight years. After all this competition took place every five years and the next team was probably already selected and will participate in two or three years.

It might be impossible for Ning Yuexi to participate though. She isn’t actually from Martial Soul Hall and Seven treasure glazed tile clan doesn’t participate as most of the disciples are of the auxiliary department.

What shocked Ning Yuexi was that the youngest and the lowest student's soul power was at level 25. It was a short girl with two buns and wore a pink short dress. A well deserved loli. Ning Yuexi thought this loli would be the same as her, auxiliary department. Unfortunately Ning Yuexi was wrong. She was a control department soul master.

Her martial soul was flower dryad. An unusual half humanoid soul beast that is excellent in poison. This soul beast should have ceased to exist a long time ago.

And why was Ning Yuexi paying so much attention to her? Of course next week the academy will hold a weekly battle among them and they have to form a group of three students.

Xu Shaoyan was too cheeky and quickly pouched Ning Yuexi in his team without her consent and the teacher selected their last member.

[
   Name: Zhao Lusi
   Age: 11
   Martial Soul: Flower Dryad
   Soul Power: 25
   Spiritual Power: 29
   Department: Control
]

And that's how Ning Yuexi got to know her and was very impressed with her martial soul and skills. Most importantly Zhao Lusi has high EQ and talking with her was very comfortable. So, Xu Shaoyan once again felt the despair of being ignored.

Their days went pretty fast in the academy and it was finally the weekend. This was a small competition to hone the students and only the students of the same class can participate in it. That means, their junior S class has 33 students including Ning Yuexi and Xu Shaoyan, and there will be only 11 teams who will compete with each other.

The system dutifully issued a random task.

[Task: Win the first weekly battle
   Reward: One customized storage soul tool]

Ning Yuexi: "???"