Returning

Ning Yuexi received a letter from her father the next day. It has only been a few months since she came here. The school won't give vacation so early, so she cannot visit home.

"Oh. I miss home!" Ning Yuexi sighed.

"What is this letter about?" Xu Shaoyan leaned on the table with his hands, trying to peek at the letter. Ning Yuexi was displeased and hit his arm like hitting an annoying fly.

"Go away, it’s my privacy!"

"What privacy?  I just saw my name." Xu Shaoyan justified.

"Huh? Where?" Ning Yuexi looked at the back and really saw Xu Shaoyan's name on the letter. "This- then where's my letter?" Ning Yuexi looked up at him confused.

"Oh, this? Here." Xu Shaoyan took out another letter from nowhere and shook it before her eyes. "You took mine before the postmen could say the rest of the words. So I took yours with me."

Embarrassing.

"Then let's change it!" Ning Yuexi reached out her paws to catch her letter from him. This time Xu Shaoyan wasn’t so annoying.

After getting the letter back, she quickly opened it. The elegant characters written down were very pleasing to the eyes.

Ning Fengzi first greeted her and cared about her studies and practices. He also mentioned that he had taken in a disciple. It was the current crown prince Xue Qinghe. He also asked her to visit home if she had a vacation or she wasn’t feeling good.

After reading the whole letter, Ning Yuexi was a little emotional. Ning Fengzi really doted on her too much. She feared she would be spoiled in no time.

Xu Shaoyan had already read his letter. Ning Yuexi glanced at his poker face with no emotion written on it and was taken aback for a second.

"What's wrong? Who wrote it to you?"

After all, Xu Shaoyan was from Martial Soul Hall, if anyone wanted to deliver any message, they could just visit physically.

Xu Shaoyan explained, "Nothing just the teacher told me the location of the ruin. She didn’t want to spread this news just yet, but somehow other renowned sects are already preparing to send their disciples.

Among them, the Star Luo empire is sending their eldest prince, Dai Weisi, and his fiance, Zhu Zhuyun. Heaven Dou empire won't be sending any of the princes as two princes were secretly assassinated recently. Emperor Xue Ye didn’t want to send any prince, so he would be sending promising disciples from Heaven Dou Royal Academy.

Blue Thunder tyrannous sect would be there too along with some other sects that are under Spirit Hall's favour or hostile to us. The teacher told me not to reveal anything and to try to win some free-willed soul masters who would go there by chance.

She would take about two months to get her desired ninth soul ring and the estimated time of opening the ruin gate is about a month. She wouldn’t be able to escort us there personally.

Oh and asked you if you wanted to report to your sect or bring people from your sect with us."

Ning Yuexi was dumbfounded. She blinked her eyes. She felt she suddenly understood what her father was implying in the letter. And the timing of the letter was also very precise.

She was almost moved for nothing.

Hump! That old fox!

[Ding! Task detected! ]

The sudden beep from the system startled her. What task?

[Entered the ruin and collected treasures. (0/10)]

"Ah! So there are really treasures?"

Ning Yuexi was deeply surprised and asked, "Is there any reward if I complete this task?"

[Reward will be calculated after the completion of the task.]

[Reminded: The collected treasures will be divided 50/50]

"What? Do I have to give you half the treasure? Isn’t that too much? And why would you even need them?" Ning Yuexi asked.

[I have to collect the heaven and earth energy from them to update to the next level. Work hard, host.]

This time Ning Yuexi didn’t make a fuss. She knew it was also good for the system to upgrade again. After all, they are in a symbiotic relationship where they share the luck.

"When are you going?" Ning Yuexi asked Xu Shaoyan.

Xu Shaoyan was still looking at the letter and only looked at her after hearing her question. "It will take about two to three weeks. I will take others to start the journey in five days. Are you gonna join with us?"

"It takes about two days to go to the sect. If I count the return journey four days will be lost. Moreover, I have to prepare and select disciples. I may not return to join with you."
Ning Yuexi said while keeping her letter away.

Xu Shaoyan proposed, "How about we meet at your sect? It’s on the way."

Ning Yuexi didn’t mind and nodded. So things were settled. She would return to the sect today.

It took two days to return to seven treasure-glazed tile sect by carriage. Ning Yuexi took a deep breath after getting off the carriage. This is the first time she has been away from home for so long.

As soon as she entered the courtroom, she heard Rongrong's unreasonable demands and Grandpa Sword and Grandpa Bone indulging her.

"I don't want to practice for so long! I want to go to the market!"

"Yes. Yes. You will go tomorrow. Grandpa will take you."

"Uncle Bone, you are spoiling her."

"This is such a small request, don't be so tough on the kid."

"Yay! I will go shopping!"

Ning Yuexi unknowingly smiled and sped up her pace. "Father! Grandpa Sword!  Grandpa Bone! It seems like you didn’t miss me at all!"

Everyone was very surprised at her return as Ning Yuexi told the guard not to notify her return.

"Xixi, you are back!"

"Sister~" Ning Rongrong pitter-pattered towards her and hugged her waist. Ning Yuexi patted her head. Ning Rongrong only reached to her shoulder.

Sword douluo and Bone douluo were checking her up and asking if she was wronged or felt tired from the journey. Ning Yuexi replied to each of them carefully and smilingly.

"It’s good to come back at this time. Rongrong, go play. I have something to discuss with your sister." Ning Fengzi said.

Rongrong showed her tongue at him cutely and then ran off.

"Rongrong is too mischievous!"

"It's good to be lively."

Ning Fengzi looked at his eldest daughter and asked, "What about your cultivation? Did you feel any pressure from being there?"

Although he knew his daughter was a genius but he wanted her to know there was a mountain behind a mountain. One shouldn’t lack fighting spirit and continue to improve for the better.

"Just about the peek of level 33. I am confident enough to break through level 34 in a few days. There was pressure but I can cope with it. I made some friends. They are very capable. I don’t want to be left behind." Ning Yuexi honestly replied to what was on her mind. After staying there, she was really trying her best to improve. She wasn’t wasting time like previously. Everyone there was very motivated to improve and they practiced like crazy. Even the teacher wouldn’t show mercy on her auxiliary department soul master.

"It’s good that you know."

Sword douluo and Bone douluo didn’t comment, though they didn’t want her to try so hard, they couldn’t interfere in Ning Fengzi's teaching.