News

It was just a normal day, right? Wrong! My step dad Paul had asked me to come to the living room with my mom beside him. When I got there, There were books in Japanese that I couldn't make out, and I sat down, confused. "What's all this about?"

"Well, lets just say I got a job somewhere.."

"What? That's awesome! Where did you get a job?"

"Japan. Ouran academy." What's that place? "Percy, we're moving to japan!" My jaw dropped. What about camp? About Annabeth? My mom handed me a book.

"I know what your probably thinking. Especially since you leave for camp next week. But maybe while you're there you can work on learning the language some?" I sighed.

"Can I ask Annabeth to come with us?" Mom smiled.

"Of course." She knew how close we were, especially after Tartarus. "Talk with your friends at camp. We don't leave until the new year anyways."

"How come we don't leave for so long?"

"Percy, its because we want you to have your senior year there. We'll be enrolling you at your dads school." I gulped. I don't have the best history with schools. "We pulled some strings with the headmaster. He's already agreed, so we officially enroll you in February." I nodded.

Later, I looked up the school online. Damn this school was huge! Well it is a private academy. Im assuming rich people go here, so its not too surprising. Oh hey, they have a swim team! I wonder if I can join? Who am I kidding, I'm a son of Poseidon, I can make it.

The summer passed quickly, with Annabeth agreeing to come with us to japan, with her dad and stepmoms permission. Athena however, was not happy. But, after a conversation with her mom, she decided it would be a good idea to enroll. However she promised to keep a close eye on me.

I had studied the language with Annabeth the whole summer between sword fighting, campfires and meals, and other activities. Man, I wad going to miss this place.

Tyson didn't take it well when I told him where I was going. In fact he cried and hugged me so tightly ai almost broke. "Bud we can still visit! I'm coming back in a year or so too!" He stopped crying.

"Really?"

"Really." He let me go.

Leo managed to invent something amazing and gave them to me and Annabeth on our last day of camp. When we opened it, it was a phone! "I made a special demigod phone! Works and looks like normal phones, but it doesn't attract monsters. Who knows if you'll need it in japan, but now we can stay in contact!" He helped us set them up fully, and soon enough we had other numbers of some of the other demigods we were closest to.

It was the end of the year, and we were finishing packing for japan. We had sold or thrown out all our furniture, so we were sleeping in sleeping bags that night. All that was left were a few stray items around the apartment. We had gotten an house with an extra room, but my mom wouldn't tell me why we needed it. We had agreed Annabeth would stay with me in my room because of the nightmares, so what gives?

"Night seaweed brain." Annabeth said with a yawn, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Night wise girl." We chuckled a little at the nicknames, before we fell asleep.

The next morning, we were up early to grab our bags. We were having one of my moms friends drive us to the airport where we'd likely get McDonald's for breakfast.

As we stepped put of the car, my mom big her friend goodbye, and we went inside. We ate, and soon enough we were on our flight. It was long, about 12 hours, and I felt like I was going to combust on the spot from sitting for so long. Annabeth was the same way. And it was a miracle we didn't get smited. I think my dad might have talked to Zeus about allowing me and my family to fly, and I said a quick prayer in thanks to both of them. The sky cleared a little more after.

The jet lag was hitting hard, but we still had to get a taxi and get to our new home. And as soon as we got there, Annabeth and I fought hand to hand in the backyard to release some energy. "Brings back memories, huh?" I asked as we fought. She smiled.

"Oh yeah. Mostly of me kicking your butt." I rolled my eyes, a smile on my face. Meanwhile, mom and Paul were working on getting us somewhat situated before nightfall. They were at least getting us a car to rent for now. A van or truck and a hauler to help get us some furniture in the morning. Another night of sleeping on the ground for now.

Once we were done though, we did help them get a few groceries in. Mostly food stuff so mom could make something for dinner and a table and chairs. She had something planned as a celebration to this 'new stage in life' whatever she means by that. But no matter, whatever she made smelled delicious.

When we got downstairs again, we saw them dancing to some slow music, and I smiled. My mom deserved to be happy after all she's been through. Once they finish, we all sit down, and my mom serves out the food. It's some kind of soup by the looks of it. Presumably chicken noodle. She's been feeling kind of sick lately, so it makes sense. We chatted about nothing noteworthy, before my mom spoke my name. "Percy, I have something to tell you."

"Hmm? What is it?" 

"Paul and I.. We're having a baby." My eyes went wide and I stood up, and began running around, whooping the whole time. "I'm gonna be a big brother!"

"You're already a big brother seaweed brain!"

"I'm gonna be a big brother again!" My mom laughed at my antics, but what can I say? I'm excited! 

It was nearly three months later, and we were more or less settled in. I had gotten more used to talking the language, and so had Annabeth. Now it was time for our biggest monster yet. 

Highschool.