CHAPTER 2

Duniya ke saare jasbaat ek taraf,
Aur tujhse meri pehli mulakaat ek taraf.
.

HER POV

And all I could see was back colour. I felt my body moving. I felt strong arms picking me up. I think the man was helping me. I suddenly felt cushion on back and heard the car door shut. I was in car now maybe.
....

HIS POV

I layed her on the bed of guest room. I couldn't call any doctor as due to the earthquake, no one dared to step out.
I didn't know where she was hurt. All I could see was blood near her eye which trailed down from ther forehead but due to the hijab I couldn't see the wound.

I could see her eye. Closed but beautiful. She had done smoke eyeliner. She must be from a good background. Her burga was not a very costly one but her eye make up told that she was particular about looks.

I sprinkled some water on her face. She didn't wake up. I poured water, She woke up with a jerk. 2 cm away from calling me a jerk!

I couldn't see a unknown women when she was sleeping. It was her private space. I turned my back to her.

"Aap khudko sambhal, main bahar rukta hu."

I said in a soft voice. I walkes out. I turned on the news. It stated that 20 people died in the earthquake. Its been 1 hour for the earthquake and the city is noisy now. Everyone is searching for their loved ones. Police is not allowing anyone to step out at the same time.
I got a call, I picked up

"Shahzeb hujur?"
A familiar voice spoke.

"Jee, Apki tareef?"
I asked the guy to speak further.

Main Murad bol raha hu. Ek buri khabar hai. Asfar hujur ki mauth hogai hai. Bhukamp mein gadi mein baithe aur, building ki balcony ka hissa gir gaya.
He said in sorrowful voice

"Rehem kare."
I made a dua.

I was in the darga because I was making a Hawala deal with Asfar Khan. But now he died in that earthquake. Earthquakes aren't comman in Afghanistan. Why! I had an important deal!

I heard the women walk out.

"Pa..pani mil sakta hai?"

I grabbed a glass of water and turned to her and offered her water. But didn't hold it. Her eyes looked confused.

"Maam, paani... "

I gestured to drink. She holded the glass and I looked away as she would need to open her veil to drink water. I shouldn't see a unknown women's face.

"Kya naam hai apka?"

She asked. I turned to her.

"Shahzeb Pir. Apki tareef? "

"Ji main khudki tareef nahi karti."

What? I am laughing inside!

"Nahi, aap galat samjh rahi hai. Apka naam kya hai?"

"Oh! Aisa puchiye na. Mera naam hai Jahara Malik."
.

So here you meet Jahara and Shahzeb!
.
Keep reading!