CHAPTER 9

"Tum Laut Kar Anne Ka Wada Toh Karo
Tumhare Intezaar Mein Ek Umar Guzarlu"
.

HIS POV

She held my hand tight. Tears were flowing from her eyes too.

"I missed you too Sumedh. I too tried to move on but tumne kaha tha ki intezaar karo...toh karliya."

My duties stuck my head suddenly. I just blew up my cover. I needed to leave. I needed to go back to Afghanistan. I needed to complete my mission.
I got up from the bench and Mallika got up too. She took step towards me and I stepped back gesturing her to stop.

"Kya..kya hua Sumedh?"

"I need to leave Mallika."

I wasn't even looking at her.

Y"eh kya topi drama hai Sumedh?"

She said in confusion.
Topi drama was our word for what is this drama.

"Maine koi topi nahi pehni."

"Toh tum mujhe kiss khushi mein topi karva rahe ho?"

I didn't answer her. I wiped my tears quickly as if they never existed.

"Tumne mera koi karz nahi dena Sumedh, meri taraf dekh kar baat karo."

I could hear irritatation in her voice.

"Tumhe dekhunga toh sab bhul jaunga Mallika."

I involuntarily looked at her. Fucking bad move!
I left the classroom in haste. I could hear her following me.

I couldn't believe that someone could love someone so selflessly. She literally sacrificed her whole life just in one hope of my return...

I stopped walking, She was still walking....approaching me.

"IF I LEAVE NOW...WOULD YOU STILL WAIT FOR YOU?"

"YES."

"HOW CAN YOU LOVE ME SO MUCH?"

"I DON'T KNOW. I JUST DO."

I turned to her.

"WHAT IF I PROMISE TO RETURN THIS TIME?"

"TUM LAUT KAR AANE KA WADA TOH KARO...TUMHARE INTEZAAR MEIN EK AUR UMAR GUZAAR DUNGI"

Thats it Sumedh...You leave now and come back for her. And you come back to her alive...not wrapped in tricolour..

I walked towards her. It had started raining.

"Promise me you would live your life, follow ur dreams till I return..."

"I promise."

I took her hands in mine. There was thunder heard. As I looked out hands, I noticed a ring. A familiar ring...In her engagement finger.

Mallika, yeh ring?

Tumne di thi, Yaad hai?

My eyes shot up to hers. She looked at my finger, I was still wearing the ring she gave me. We were still wearing our rings...
Our Promise rings...our immature promise to love each other forever...guess it wasn't that immature too.
.
Extremely sorry for my late updates guys. I am grateful that you peoole still read my ffs. Thank you!