CHAPTER 10

"Main kabhi bulunga na tujhe, Chahe tu mujhko dena bhula,
Aadatein jaisi hai tu meri, Aadate kaise bhulu bhala."
.

HER POV

"You still wear it?"

My voice cracked.
He smiled. He pressed our hands and looked into my eyes

"Mallika, I promise you. Main wapas aaunga. Tumhare liye....main wapas aaunga. Main 2 months mein wapas aaunga."

I bursted into tears again and held him tight.

He brushed his fingers against my cheeks. His eyes fixed on my lips. Not moving at all. 3...2...1 and KISS!
He pressed his lips against mine not letting air come between us. This was the deep passionate kiss my lips longed for years!

1 DAY LATER.

I sat in balcony with tea in my hand, looking at my garden. Its been 24hrs since he left. He promised to comeback and he would keep his promise always. But he knew what I saw in his eyes, Fear, FEAR OF DEATH. It wasn't necessary that he would return alive. But I trust God. He will not separate two lovers again...I hope.

1 YEAR LATER.

I am sitting on the bench of my class of my school remembering all memories of Sumedh. Its been 1 year, I haven't heard from him. I called him 1000292918 times but I never got an answer. Maybe his fear was true....He was....I....I LOST HIM...I LOST HIM MAYBE.
And I am in USA. Job is just a excuse, I want to stay away from his memories now. My parents will get me married if I stay more in India now.
His memories will always stay with me. Within me. If not Sumedh, It'll never be anyone else. I'll join a part time job too. It will help me be busy. Sumedh always wanted me to sing, Now I will. I have got a job as a bar singer. They pay good. Yead...Judge me for all you want....A Architect singing in a bar. But that's what Sumedh used to say...The singers who sing are bars are the most real ones! Because they are trying to survive and grow! After busy day in office, this would really help getting fresh.

Now its been 2 months here.
My smile is still fake, my mental health is not good but I am getting better.
The worse human habit is hope...Hope of things falling back to place. But nothing was 'at its place' after he left when we were fifteen. It was perfect when we were in school for those 20 mins. And then he left again, Messing everything up again. The best thing is to stop thinking and getting back to work!!
Sometimes I hate him for promising to come back.
Today I am going to do a step I feared taking for months!
I took a cab to the Indian Ambassy. I asked for the number of any military Major...The refused to give... said it was abt national emergency. They denied. I said I was a undercover. They told me to never out myself to anyone like this and never trust anyone...also the men in uniform in the embassy. I wanted to shoot that Gyani Baba! They gave me the number...but asked for my name--

"JAHARA MALIK. MY NAME IS JAHARA MALIK"

I went home...to my rented apartment I mean.
I called the Major, Still gave my fake identity and asked him about Sumedh...about Shahzeb. He dismissed all my requests. I could feel it in his voice that he knew but he won't give me any information even over his dead body.
So I stopped.
I stopped searching for him.
Kinda pissed right now!
I want a world where he waits and I never come back.
My love for him is unconditional but unconditional love doesn't mean unconditional tolerance. But even on my darkest night, I see a ray of light....Ray of hope.
Fucking Love! Fucks your heart, Your brain, Your Life and you still work according to it....No matter how much we curse love....it stays with us!

"COME BACK SUMEDH."

I wispered as sat in my balcony  facing the most beautiful view in the city which seemed nothing without him.
.