CHAPTER 5

Kabhi socho jara,
kaisa hoga sama,
Jaha meri taqdeer mein, likhega tumko khuda.
.

.
HIS POV

"Shahzeb, Tum yaha??"

Jahara exclaimed. I saw the guy sitting beside her looking a me.

"Sir, can you please sit on my seat. SHE IS MY WIFE."

I could see from my corner of my eye, Aftaf and Jahara both were shocked. I sat beside her.

"Tum kya keh--"

"Shush...You aren't safe alone. One of my hater...wants to kidnaap you."

"What?? Ab main kya karungi??"

"DO YOU TRUST ME JAHARA?

I looked her in the eye. She nodded. She didn't broke the eye contact...it was firm as hell!

"I TRUST YOU SHAHZEB."

"Jahara, please relax. Airport se seedha ghar jaana. Aftaf ko main yaha sambhalunga."

I could see stress in her eyes. The flight landed in Delhi. We had a connecting flight to Allahbaad. When a passenger beside us left, Aftaf sat beside me, scaring Jahara.

"Yeh ladki teri biwi hai?"

"Haa."

"Kabse?"

I kept silence...Showed him I was disinterested in him.

"Theek hai...Khamosh raho. Lekin Shahzeb Miyan...tum yeh jaan lo ki tumhare raaz ab mere pass hai....Main yeh jaanta hu ki yeh ladki India se hai, Tumhara isse raabta ek raaz hai. Aur iske pass tumhare aur bhi kai saare raaz hai."

"Toh? Main kya karu? Nachu?"

"Neh...Bhaago. Chuppo. Kyunki yeh ladki tumhare saath nahi..mere saath jaayegi."

Jahara holded my hand. I could sense she was very scared. Aftab saw her holding my hand. He smirked.

"Baji, YOUR HUSBAND HAS BROUGHT YOU DEATH"

I heard a sob from Jahara's mouth. I looked at her. The eyes that had become my favourite pair of eyes in the world...The eyes that mattered to me the most....were wet with tears...the sunshine that those eyes had, the joy which made me smile had just fear. My jaws clenched. Aftaf got up and held Jahara's wrist. And pulled her out her seat. His motive was to drag her out of the plane.

"Shahzeb!!"

She cried for help. And now that enough!
I held Jahara's wrist. I punched him. I punched him! I punched him till his eye went blue. How dare he hold her hand.

I held his collar.

"I'll come back to you. Don't you dare bring my wife between again. Mard bano!"

"Sir! Sir!"

The cabin crew interfered. I left his collar

"Throw him out."

"We have to get you down too Sir, We have zero tolerance for violence!"

"I am Shahzeb Pir! I don't think I need a introduction, Do I? Throw him out I said!"

"Yes Sir."

They got him out.

Next passengers started filling, In all this, I forgot Jahara. She was standing behind me with horror stuck in her eyes. I holded her hand pulled her down to her seat. Her hands were shivering. Did I scare her? Or is she scared of Aftaf?

"Jahara, are you...are okay?"

"Huh? Hmm"

"I...I won't hurt you."

"I..I...I know that. Just....never saw a fight....so close..."

I pressed her hand

"I am here. Please...please don't...don't cry....It...it is cutting my heart because I can't wipe them"

Her eyes stayed on me for few secs. She wiped her eyes.

I told her to sleep and she soundly did. I felt something inside me...a crack...a melt. Calling her my wife suited....It was perfect. I mean I dont know her. I Never saw her face. But the thought of her getting hurt drove me so crazy. I was told not to hurt Aftaf, but look what I did. I...I feel a connection with her. A connection that I felt 10 years ago
..

Commentsss Guyss