Chapter 4: Her Punishment

Kabir had been discussing with his team about the investigation. The sub-inspector came over to him and informed "Sir ye last location hai aapki.." 

He paused when Kabir glared at him, he apologized "Sorry sir.. mera matlab hai ki Miss Manvi Kapoor ki" 

Kabir checked the details "hmm aas paas logo se puch tach ki?" he asked

"Haan Sir lekin kisine unhe nahi dekha hai office se wo nikli lekin ghar pahuchi nahi" Shinde said

Kabir shook his head "office waalo se puch tach mujhe hi karni padegi.. kum dushman nahi banake rakhe hai usne" he sighed in disappointment. 

His phone rings, he picked it up "haa.. main aata hun" 

"main aata hun tum updates dete rehna mujhe" he instructed and left immediately. 

Within half an hour he arrived in front of the "Manvi Kapoor Mansion". This time watchman didn't even dare to stop him. He entered the hall and found a lady in her late 40s sitting on the couch desperately waiting for his arrival. 

Kabir looked at her and took a deep breath "Mrs. Kapoor" he called her

She turned her neck towards him "Mrs. Kapoor?" she asked

"How is he?" he asked looking at her firmly. 

"jabse pata chala hai Manvi lapata hai tabiyat bigad gayi hai na dawai le rahe hai aur na kuch kha rahe hai" she said with teary eyes. She hugged him and he was left numb at his place. 

She cried helplessly, after struggling with his thoughts he finally listened to his heart and placed his hand behind her back "Please shant ho jayie Mrs. Kapoor" he said softly 

"janti hun maine unhone aur Manvi ne bahut galat kiya hai tere saath lekin ek tu hi hai jo use wapas laa sakta hai please Kabir use wapas leke aa" she pleaded him. He parted her away from himself. 

They heard the noise from the bedroom on the first floor. Kabir rushed upstairs and enters the room. He gets shocked to see the elderly person dropped on the floor. 

He moved to him and helped him get up. He made him lay on the bed properly, the elderly man had tears in his eyes and the helplessness was visible on his face. Kabir covered him with a blanket and said "Aapke iss tarah bhooke rehne se aapki beti wapas nahi aa jayegi" 

Kabir wiped tears from his eyes, he maintained his toughness not letting his emotions overpower him. He turned to leave but the elderly person made a mumbling sound. 

Manvi's mother came with the food "khila do inhe aur bata dena chinta na kare nafrat hai inki beti se lekin apni duty mujhe nibhani aati hai" 

"Kabir.. please tum jante ho Manvi" she tried to explain. 

Kabir left from there without hearing her. She closed her eyes for a moment. She moved to her husband and feeds him the food. She caressed his head "Chinta mat kijiye Kabir hamari beti ko dundh lega kuch nahi hoga use" 

Island 

The tribal people woke before the sun rose. Aarav instructed the tribal ladies "Aap jaake devijee ko nidra se jagrit kijiye" 

"ji" she bowed down at him and headed towards Manvi's hut. She entered and saw Manvi already awaken. 

She had been playing with her dress and lost in her own thoughts. She wanted to escape this place as soon as possible otherwise she will living with these weird people. 

"aapko sardaar ne bulaya hai" she said

Manvi shot a deadly glare at her "Idiot duffer I am not going anywhere with that junglee" she shouted at the girl.