Comfort

Ezekiel Pov

I feel something tickle my face and I wake up groaning. The first thing I see is Aria snuggled in my arms like a baby. She's wearing my shirt and it was also a little cold last night. I bury my face in the crook of her neck. She smells like me.

I gently remove the strands of hair falling on her face. I look at the marks on her neck and her collarbone. I place soft kisses on them. She snuggles closer to me and I can feel her wake up. Her eyes flutter open.

She stares at me for a while.

" Good morning love." I kiss her forehead. Once she realises, she hides her face in my chest.

" There's nothing to be so shy about." I tease her. She blushes running a hand through her hair. She tries to rise up on her elbows suddenly she winces.

" Are you okay love ?" I ask worry taking over me.

" Yeah." She says.

I gently pull her on top of me. I slide my hand inside her shirt and caress her stomach.

" Does it hurt ?" I ask.

She nods. Shit I feel so guilty now. I wasn't harsh at all but since it's her first so I guess....but still I can't see her in pain at all.

" Do you want me to kiss it better ?"

" No I guess I'll take a warm bath and I'll feel better." She says.

" Ok let me prepare it for you. " I late her back and I get out of bed. And I am wearing my tracks. Like I said it did them cold last night.

I prepared her a nice warm bath and then I carried her to the bathroom.

I placed her on the counter and I was about to get rid of her shirt but she suddenly slapped my hand away.

" There's nothing to be shy about love. I've already seen it all." I winked.

She slapped my shoulder. " Stop teasing me and go out. I can manage myself. "

" Seriously 'go out'. I feel not loved. "

" Ezekiel plsss. "

" Ok.." I carried her again and placed her inside the tub. " Are you sure you don't need any help ?" I asked again. I'm not being a pervert I'm genuinely concerned.

" Yeahhh now go."

" Fineee. I'll keep some clothes for you on the bed. I'll shower in the guestroom." I said while closing the door while she just gave me a thumbs up.  I hope the warm water helps her relax her muscles and soothes her.

I was done showering and I was in the kitchen. She needs her precious cup of tea every morning regardless of the situation otherwise she's gonna be cranky all day. I swear on God she loves her tea more than me.

I cut up some fruits and I added a glass of juice for her along with her tea. I don't want to force her into having a heavy breakfast and then feel sick. I carry it upstairs to our room.

As I enter, she's comfortably resting on the bed, scrolling her phone. I placed the tray on the table and I handled her the cup of tea.

" Oh my God...thank you so much. " She gave me a quick peck. Honestly if I get a peck for only making tea then I swear I can make her tea all the time.

" Eat something." I take away her phone and hold up a fork of strawberry in front of her mouth.

" Let me have my tea atleast. " She whines.

" You can have after finishing the fruits. It's anyways too hot right now. " I say putting the strawberry into her mouth.

She chews it with a pout but her expression suddenly changes as if she remembered something.

" I have to tell you something. " She says slightly nervous.

" And what is it ?"

" You know yesterday Flint was boasting about his father. " That jerk again. " You know who his father is ?"

I motion her to continue while feeding her  another piece of fruit.

" It's Bryant. "

" Bryant who ?"

" Bryant Ambrose. The new board guy. " Wth. " And you the day I hung up on you he told me that he knew my parents. And you know like what happened to all the case histories and all the details about their previous clients. " Okay this doesn't seem so nice.

" What did you say ?"

" I said 'it doesn't concern you' " She said with a shrug.

"Good girl." I had finished feeding her the fruits and I passed her the cup of tea which was lukewarm now.

" Love listen, like I said I need to do a background research on this man until then please stay away from him and his son. " I said caressing her cheek.

" Don't worry. I don't think it's much of a problem plus you already have so much going on." She said concerned.

I kissed her forehead. "I can lose everything, but not you...Oh God, not you. " I take a deep breath. "I'm not going anywhere today let's enjoy today together." I tell her trying to change the topic.

" Finally. Btw you fed me but did you eat something ? "

" Yes I did. I ate while I was preparing breakfast for you."

" Good boy."

" Your becoming too naughty huh ?"

" Only for you. " She smiles. God she has the most beautiful smile ever. I pull her into a hug but the thoughts of Bryant and his son keep bothering. I will find out eventually but today I'm not going to let any of that bother. After a long time I've got a day to spend with Aria and I'm not letting it go to waste.

Sorry for the late update guys. I was unwell but I'll try and update soon. I'm also working on a few new stories and I plan on publishing them after I complete this one.

Thanks for all your love and support and all your votes and comments. They really make my day.

                            💖💖💖💖💖