Chapter 21

Listening to the ringing in her mind, Su Yue picked up her phone from the bedside table.

She looked at the time displayed on it, which showed 22:00. Why was Jiang Ci's man still not asleep at this time? What was he angry about?

Su Yue closed her eyes. This time, her head didn't hurt, only the faint ringing echoed. She knew that both the headache and the ringing were determined by Jiang Ci's anger level.

The higher his anger level, the more her head would hurt and the louder the ringing would be. The lower his anger level, the weaker her headache and the quieter the ringing.

In other words, the angrier Jiang Ci was, the more she would suffer. Su Yue didn't know if she would die on the spot when Jiang Ci's anger level reached 100%.

Fortunately, his anger level was only 1 now, and the ringing was only faint. It was annoying, like a mosquito buzzing around her ear, but she could still ignore it.

Su Yue put her phone back and closed her eyes, continuing to sleep.

The morning mist had not completely dissipated, and the sun had just risen. The sunlight shone on the green leaves in the yard, and the dewdrops hanging on them reflected dazzling light. Occasionally, a few crisp bird calls could be heard from the branches, making the surroundings even more peaceful and quiet.

Some noises came from the kitchen.

When Su Jindong went downstairs, he saw Hua Sao standing at the kitchen door, looking embarrassed. He asked, "What's wrong?"

"Sir, Miss. . . she's in the kitchen." Hua Sao had just come to the kitchen to prepare breakfast when she unexpectedly saw Miss busy in the kitchen.

She had been working at the Su family for more than ten years and was considered an old employee here. She had watched Miss grow up since she was a child. Both the master and the madam had good personalities and loved Miss very much. Perhaps because of this, Miss had developed some spoiled temperaments. As a young lady, she didn't even touch a glass of water with her ten fingers, let alone cook.

Now, suddenly seeing Miss busy in the kitchen, she had thought her eyes were playing tricks on her.

Su Jindong walked towards the kitchen and when he saw his daughter making breakfast, he was first stunned, then angry.

"Yueyue." Su Jindong walked in.

Su Yue heard the voice and quickly turned around, "Dad, good morning."

"Are you making breakfast?" Su Jindong's handsome face looked strange.

"Yes, it will be ready soon." Su Yue replied.

"You don't have to do it." Su Jindong tried hard to control his anger and looked at his daughter with heartache." Sure enough, the Jiang family is mistreating you, forcing you to cook." Watching his daughter's skilled movements in making breakfast, Su Jindong was so angry that he was about to explode, but he was afraid of scaring his daughter, so he could only suppress his anger and keep a stern face.

Su Yue was stunned and quickly said, "Dad, you misunderstood."

"I have no misunderstanding. You were always the center of attention at home, pampered by your parents. You never had to do anything, just enjoy your life. Now, you've only been married to the Jiang family for half a year, and you've lost weight and started cooking. Are they so poor that they have to make you cook?"

Su Jindong was so angry that he wanted to go to the Jiang family and settle the score.

Su Yue didn't know whether to laugh or cry.