Chapter 64: It Was His Choice

OLIVIA

"Judah! Judah, please wait. Let's talk this out," I desperately pleaded as he stormed outside the house, but he didn't even bother to look back. He was furious beyond his whole being and I understood. Still, I tried to reach out to him but he was already in his car. Without a second thought, he drove off.

Damn it. I can't believe this is happening at the most crucial time.

"Olivia... I'm sorry," I turned around and saw Clyde looking apologetic as he held his bruised cheek, "I didn't know."

"It's not about knowing, Clyde. You never should've done it. How could you?"

He couldn't utter a word.

I understood why he did it. His mom was dying and it was the only way for him back then, and it's not like he directly caused the death of Judah's family. Though he contributed greatly to the cause, you really can't blame a child for the repercussions he truly didn't expect.

Still, there's the cruelty of the outcome.

I rushed inside to get my things.

"Maybe this is a mistake. To work with you," I mumbled under my breath, which Geneva heard.

She stood in front of me, "Please don't say that. For once, we heard the truth. Finally, we have identified the real bad guy and we're doing something to stop him. Just talk to Judah, please."

"What if your whole family died and I was the reason? What if I sent someone to blow up the place and they somehow got caught in it?"

Her mouth shut in the absence of a reply.

"It's not that easy. You're right. What we're trying to do right now is important to secure our futures...but there are still the scars of the past. Though you're not the enemy, you have hurt us in many ways. Don't invalidate that."

"I'm not. I'm just... I'm sorry," she sighed.

I took my things from the dining room and walked out the door. They all followed up until the porch.

"I'll talk to Judah. This isn't over. There are still things to figure out. If you turn on us, we'll kill you."

Clyde rolled his eyes, "You know we're as good as dead either way. We'll keep in touch."

Geneva and Clyde went back in while Arthur stayed outside. I had nothing to say to him so I turned and walked away.

"He'll be back, kid."

"I know."

"You know where to find him?"

"I'm his wife, Arthur."

And I left to get a cab so I can find my husband.

_____________________________________

"Are you sure? Not one call?"

Marge sighed in disappointment, "I'm sorry, ma'am. We don't know where He is too. If he flew out of the country, we'd be able to track his passport but... nothing."

I tried to hide a part of my dismay to thank her properly, "I see. Thank you, Marge. Just call me if anything comes up."

I ended the call and proceeded to check my messages. Nothing from Judah.

It's been one whole day since he stormed out of the meeting. I immediately rushed home thinking he would be here, but he wasn't. I checked the office, our restaurants, and his usual places. Everything I know and could think of. Still no sign of him. My last resort was to check his old home in Harris-Moore but I don't know where it is. Even the Mayor wouldn't know. He just got the position a few years ago.