So I've Landed Hands on Some Goods

The day arrived when Aria Roscente was leaving for her small -tea party debut. She was leaving with her maid Jessie on her side and rode the carriage on her way out. Finally, Emma returned.

"Oh, so how did it go?" I asked Emma. Emma shook her head and said, "I managed to get the goods, however when I tried to give him the money– he was already found dead."

"You got the artifacts!" I asked Emma happily. "Wow, Emma you are so great!" I hugged Emma, realizing that only Emma would be this loyal to someone like Mielle and myself. "But why was Viscount Louvre found dead?"

That... Emma evaded my eyes. "He was a trialed criminal. He was caught by the Crown Prince and found dead. However, I managed to get the goods before it was too late."

The CROWN PRINCE?! Holy shit. Holy shit.

Wasn't he the male lead of the novel who fucked Mielle and her other part-time buddy who played to screw up Aria Rosecente?! Fuck. Fuck. I really miscalculated.

"Do not worry, Lady Mielle. I made sure that rat did not speak about us at all." Emma reassured me. "Besides, we have what we need, so do not worry about such trivial matters anymore."

Oh okay... I guess. Since Emma was reassuring me, I begun to relax a little bit. There was no way Viscount Louvre had revealed to the Crown Prince about me. If he did, I will certainly go off with my head for sure. Hahaha...

"What kind of artifacts did you find?" I asked Emma. Emma brought a large suitcase from outside the door. She looked on both ends to see whether the other maids from the manor saw us carrying such a suspiciously big bag.

Not that it mattered though. Everything under this mansion was controlled by Emma after all. Even if Aria's mother was the Countess, the maids were handled by Emma.

She pulled the bag in front of me, and suddenly my eyes were flashed with jewelry and all kinds of golden objects.

Woah! Woah! What the fuck was this? My hands dug through endless jewelry and so-called random objects that I had never seen in my entire life. I picked up a blue big orb from the bag. It was a really interesting color.

"What do you think about this Emma?" I asked my nanny about the big blue orb which I had held out.

"I have no idea, my Lady." Emma bowed. "However, I can say all of these artifacts are indeed suspicious."

"True? What gave that away?" I asked Emma for her opinions.

"You see, my lady– that these items are actually imported from the Kingdom of Croa."

"Oh, okay so?" I asked nonchalantly. "Isn't that the neighboring country?"

"Yes, these are magical artifacts from a very prestigious family. The Piast family, I believe." Emma brought up. "Rumors have it that everyone in that family has some kind of magical power of some sort."

The Piast family? Sure sounded quite familiar. Oh well, fuck. Not that it matters anyway. These names were definitely going to be the end of me. I moved the blue orb around me.

"What are you going to do with these artifacts, my Lady Mielle?" Emma asked.

"I'm not sure," I mumbled. "If nothing good comes out of these, I might just auction it for myself for a higher price," I said.

"My Lady, aren't you suspicious about what that wench is doing in that tea party of hers?" Emma asked me. I shrugged. I already had Sarah keep an eye on Aria and report to me about the things she has done and said.

Although Sarah talks about Aria through a filtered lens, so that won't be that useful. Therefore... if only...

"I have already arranged for another coachman," Emma told me. "That one will surely eavesdrop about the situation that will go at the Tea-party."

"Woah! Already?!" I asked Emma out of surprise. Damn, Emma was for sure, the super maid in this entire household! Go, Emma!

"And Wait-! Can you please check into Aria's room to see if she has left behind an hourglass?"

"Oh... an hourglass, my lady? Again? Why must... we can get you a new hourglass, My lady." Emma sighed when she had to go back and check into Aria's room for her belongings such as the hourglass.

Well, won't that be pointless? I wondered if it actually had to be that specific hourglass for Aria's magic to work. Oh well.

"Just check. Let me know, if you find it." I told her. Emma bowed and left. I don't think I saw her carry it in her hands when she was leaving this time. Hmmm...

So Aria hasn't noticed its power. Atleast for now.

I moved the giant Blue Orb. I started to shake it around and around. Nothing happened. Wow, how useless. I tossed it aside and moved to look through the other artifacts.

Will anything actually go in my way for sure? I rubbed my forehead. If I don't do anything– Aria Rosecent will surely frame me and put me through a downfall. Especially if she gets hold of the power of the Hourglass.

How will I outdo such a power?

...

...

Was it me or was that Blue orb glowing next to me?

***

***

Rumors flew everywhere about the Incident of Viscount Louvre. Words spread out that the Crown Prince had killed Viscount Louvre, and some other rumors flew out that Viscount Louvre was already dead before the Crown Prince found him.

Either way, the Casino and the Illegal Traficking chapter was a closed story. Well, until I saw Aria's cold and pale face when the story was being told.

Huh? What's up with that? Oh well, who gives a fuck about that? With that, I moved on with my life. After all, I had bigger things to do with my life.

Eventually, Emma still hadn't found that damn hourglass. Damn it! I didn't blame Emma though. Emma was my best trump card for now.

"You look so pale Aria, are you feeling well?" Aria's mother, Countess Roscente asked her daughter.

"It's nothing, mother." Aria shivered as she ate. "Don't worry about me."

"Sister, if something is bothering you, please tell," I told Aria this time. Go ahead and share some information with me too~

"It's fine." Aria evaded her eyes and scorned away. "You don't need to worry about it, Mielle."

"Oh okay~" I backed down, realizing it wouldn't be good if I pulled funny tricks with her. After all, if I did, I'll be signing away my life sentence at that moment. However, it seemed to have something to do with Viscount Louvre's incident.

Hmm... I wonder why though?

Wait. Was it because it was of the Crown Prince?! Holy Shit. That makes so much more sense, so Aria and the Crown Prince did end up meeting after all.

Was it about the fact that Aria told the Crown Prince something about Viscount Louvre? And she is starting to become nervous about that?

But why would it be such a big deal though? Was it because the future was changing?

No... that wouldn't make sense either. Oh well, fuck that. Thinking too hard of these things made my head hurt. The most important note here was that the Crown Prince and Aria had already met.

Damn. Wasn't my death approaching a bit too early?! Is it because I have been careless for some time? I should really go outside this darned mansion and actually do something.

What was the name of the original Mielle supporter? I forgot her name.... Something like Ivanna? Irene?

Oh well. I would eventually find her if I ask Emma.

But before that, I needed to do something with her darned hourglass though! That is going to be the death of me.

It wasn't like I could just directly ask Aria to see the hourglass. Asking to enter her room and then looking for it was also very suspicious. Therefore I had to execute the plan very conspicuously.