So I've become quite the Loser

The next few days were peaceful until a letter arrived at the manor. It was a special letter that was gifted from the Frederick Household. Apparently, Oscar Frederick had presented both Aria and me with presents for treating him well yesterday.

Everybody around me was super hyped about these presents, but I honestly didn't see why they were overreacting. Sure presents were awesome and all, but don't you think it's kind of strange when your supposed fiancé sends presents to your step-sister as well?

If I were really the original Mielle, I would have been a little heartbroken about that; honestly making it more of a reason to be more jealous of Aria. But since I wasn't the real Mielle, it didn't matter as much at all.

"Oh my, Aria must have taken good care of Sir Frederick," Aria's mother recounts happily when she sees all of this happening with her daughter. I also didn't miss the wink she gave to her daughter from behind the fan.

"That's a relief to hear... but this gift... seems to be in return of the handkerchief I gave him." Aria said with a soft smile.

Suddenly murmurs around all the servants in the household started, and they all got very curious about the reason why Aria had gifted Oscar the handkerchief and such. It was such a shocking event, and on top of that, the servants didn't miss the gossip about "Mielle"'s reaction on it all.

To be honest, at this rate, everybody's eyes were on me. On 'Mielle's ' reaction to everything. Even Aria glanced at me from afar when she saw this all. But what was I supposed to do? Become jealous? Tear Aria's head apart? Complain? Whine?

I think I remembered this scene from the novel. I was surprised that the original Mielle didn't react as wildly as I would have. If Oscar Frederick would have been the man I truly loved, I would have certainly ripped Aria's head apart.

Hah.

"...So does Elder sister... like Sir Oscar?" I blurted out loud, sounding exactly as Mielle would have.

Aria froze, but she calmed down to say, "No way! I certainly don't think so... I just happened to help him in the times of need... you understand don't you, Mielle? Oh... unless it makes you angry that... then I'm so sorry Mielle," Tears slowly pooled out of her eyes.

Wow. That to be able to cry a fountain anytime you want.

I wanted to roll my eyes at this point. Is this all Aria could muster? Is this the kind of intelligence that is possible from a mentally twenty-eight-year-old woman, Aria? Aria's mother quickly but in and assisted from behind adding, "I heard that there were letters as well..."

The butler nodded and said, "Yes, in fact, there were two." He pulled out the presented both Aria and me two letters. I pulled mines open.

...What kind of gibberish writing is this? I squinted my eyes as I tried to read through all of the cursive writing through an old ink pen. 

Who the heck even tries to make sense of all of this stupid nonsense that someone wrote in a nice font? Honestly, I have never learned how to read through cursive. But who cares? 

It's not like I'm interested or anything. 

"My, my, Aria. I wonder why Sir Oscar sent you a gift. Will you read the letter out loud?" Aria's mother asked in a chuckling manner to her daughter.

Aria glanced through hers, I couldn't really get a peek of hers because she was hiding it close to her chest. But Aria quickly turned over the subject towards me: "I don't think my letter will be too interesting...Wouldn't it be more enjoyable to hear Mielle's letter instead?"

Aria smiled at me as tried to steal a glance through my letters.

"Gosh, what are you saying?" I asked her from the distance, hugging my letter close to my chest.