So I've Finally Met the Second Male Lead

My Lady! Good news!" Emma came into my room as she woke me from bed today Morning. "Young Master Cain is returning from the Academy!" She said happily as she opened up the curtains. "It is finally the day you were hoping for."

I yawned as I said, "I was?"

Emma frowned as she said, "I thought you were always happy when Young master Cain came back from the Academy. You always wanted to wake up early and prepare for him." Emma told me.

Wow. I didn't give a fuck about Mielle's old attitude with Cain at all. So what? Well, well, since Emma was being so hopeful, I decided to wake myself up anyway and get myself ready. It was an important day after all.

I took a good look at the Blue Orb which was sitting beside my bed, and then stood up to get ready. I put on a simple white gown which I had received from Cain as a present.

Even though I didn't like that guy, I guess he was a kind brother to Mielle who really cared for her. I guess, I was supposed to be at least on his side.

I got downstairs to get ready to greet him, and all the other maids were lined up and in a hurry. I saw quite the scene with the unpacking and all. What's all of this fuss about..? It seems as if they were welcoming a member of the Imperial Family or something.

Then in front of me stood two figures instead of the one supposed guest.

"Oh, Mielle, there you are!" Cain called out happily when he saw me. He waved happily "I'm back at last, aren't you happy to see me?"

I wanted to internally roll my eyes but I gave him a smile and waved from afar. "Hello, brother." But my eyes instantly fell on someone who was standing beside him.

Who was this guy? 

Dark raven hair, and golden serene eyes that had a very soft expression. Damn.

He was very good looking when he stood next to Cain. I scratched my head. Was he another guest? Cain's fellow friend?

Nothing clicked into my head.

He smiled and nodded at me when he saw me staring at him. Suddenly my eyes were blinded when he smiled at me. OH MY GOD- my eyes! He's too good-looking!

"Mielle, aren't you happy that I finally tagged him along this time?" Cain said from behind the good-looking man.

"Oh... yeah." I nodded. "...but I'm sorry, who is this guy?" I asked pointing at him curiously.

Suddenly everything around me froze.

...

Huh?! What the heck was that expression for? Maids started to whisper across from each other, and even Cain and Oscar turned a bit pale when I asked such a question.

Emma quickly came behind my back and quietly whispered: "M-My Lady... this is Oscar Frederick. Do you remember?"

"No..." I whispered back at her. Who? Oscar? Fredbrick... what? I wanted to scratch my head. Ah, fuck that whatever.

"Lady Mielle, you must have forgotten me because of some time," Oscar told me politely with a loose smile. "My name is Oscar from the Frederick family.

Huh? Wait... Oscar. Frederick... hold up. That did sound familiar. I went and whisperingly asked Emma into her ear: "Sorry who was he?"

Emma sighed and quietly whispered back, "My lady, h-have you truly forgotten?" 

Shit. What do you mean? "If I did, I wouldn't be asking you, Emma," I told her back.

...

Cain and that Oscar guy were still staring at me, who was busy whispering back into Emma's ears. Both of them had wondered why they were whispering so loudly in front of them.