chapter twenty-one

PARIS, FRANCE

"neymar!" i shouted out, l watching as he sprinted into the living room. i couldn't hold back the smile as his horror stricken eyes were met with mine. "don't freak out okay?"

he blinked rapidly, attaching a hand to my cheek as he inspected me. "are you okay? is the babies? what wrong?" i could barely hear the words he spoke out fast.

i took a deep breath, looking him in his eyes. "i think i'm pregnant. i know it's a shock.. but i just have a feeling." the colour drained from his face as he stared at me in disbelief.

"are you sure? i honestly don't think i'm ready for this noelle.. i'm sorry." he said, turning my own joke against me as he stood up. he shook his head, walking towards the front door and walking out.

"he's so not funny." i groaned, pushing myself off the couch. i wobbled towards the door, opening it. i looked around for my husband, "ney? okay.. it wasn't funny!" i projected, not being able to see him.

i rolled my eyes, looking to the left before jumping up as he shouted in my ear. i held onto my chest, glaring at him as he laughed out. "oh my god!" i squealed, slapping his chest.

he wiped the tears from the corner of his eyes, smiling proudly as i raised my eyebrows, holding onto my stomach. "i think you just scared me into labour." i held onto the wall as he sighed and rolled his eyes.

"yeah. sure." he blew out, opening the door as i held onto his arm. "noelle?" his eyes widened in concern as i leant over, groaning. "oh meu deus. oh meu deus do caralho." he took a sharp inhale, holding onto my arms.
(oh my god. oh my fucking god.)

i leant back on the wall, letting out laboured breaths. "go get the bag!" i scolded, feeling the most immense pain. i watched as he scurried back in the house, back out soon after holding a bag.

"vamos." he helped me towards the car, in a scarily calm mood. "are you okay?" he asked as he sat down in the other side of the car, looking over at me.
(let's go.)

"obviously fucking not! drive the car!" he held his arm in the air as i hit him. "sorry." i came back to my sense, leaning back against the leather chair as he began driving.

after an eventful car ride, we finally arrived at the hospital. "what took you so long?" leo raced towards us, antonela trying her best to keep up with her husband.

"someone won't go over the speed limit." i shook my head, holding onto his arm. neymar rolled his eyes at my comment, pushing me into the hospital.

we waited for a few minutes before a doctor walked in the room. i smiled at the woman, explaining what i was feeling. i felt like jumping at her as she laughed softly, shaking her head. "you're not in labour mrs. santos, it's what we call braxton hicks." she spoke out in her broken english.

"are you joking? oh my god.. you little pricks." i narrowed my eyes towards my bump, listening to the doctor. "can you not just.. pull em out? we should've gone surrogate." i looked towards neymar who was snickering.

"unfortunately not. but i don't doubt i'll see you back in here soon.. just keeping eating and drinking, try to relax okay? take it easy, and you. you take care of her." she pointed towards neymar.

he nodded, holding tightly onto my hand. "come on, if we're fast enough we won't have to see leo." he teased, helping me up. "and i'm sorry." he pressed a kiss to my temple, wrapping his arm around me.

"you better be. you're getting a vasectomy." i said under my breath, walking towards leo. he looked at me, then down at my stomach. "false alarm." i cried out.

antonela let out a small laugh, holding onto my hand as the boys hung back and undoubtedly were talking about how scary pregnant women are.

"you okay?" she asked as i nodded, laying my head on her shoulder. "i'm thankful you didn't have them today, i'm bringing vodka when you actually do have them.. drink it straight after. it helps." she whispered as i gaped at her. "what? have you seen the size of mateos head? i needed something stronger than anestesia." she joked.

i shook my head, each day i was more ready to meet my babies.. yes because carrying them was becoming unbearable, but also because i can't wait to be what antonela was.

no chance was i going to be as good a mother as antonela is.. but it's a fact that no one ever will be. i looked back at neymar who was already looking at me, i smiled at him and he returned it. "you two are going to be the best parents."

"i know he will be.." i nodded in agreement, it's no secret how i doubted wether i'd be a good mother or not.. but i have anto and carol giving me pointed at every moment, and an amazing partner who will no doubt steer me in the right direction.

god.. i can't wait to meet them.

-

random chapter!
thank you for reading !