Magic Hair

Hiccup leads the way down their tunnel and lighted Inferno to see where they're going.

"It's a good thing I got this working." Hiccup comments on his weapon as they pass a skeleton with a sword sticking in it as he remembers what Rapunzel did for him. "Thanks. I didn't know you had that in you, what you did back there. That was brave of you."

"I know!" Rapunzel squeals happily and immediately calms down. "I know. So...Hiccup, where you from?" Rapunzel asks.

"That's a long story, and not really a nice one. But I'm getting a bit interested in your story." Hiccup admits. "I'm not supposed to mention the hair, I'm guessing."

"Nope."

"Or the mother. And frankly, I'm a little confused about the reptile." Hiccup admits.

"Chameleon." Rapunzel corrects him.

"Same difference." Hiccup says since he talks to his own overgrown reptile like her. "Here's my question, if you want to see the lanterns this badly, why haven't you left before?"

"Uh.." Rapunzel starts thinking of an answer when the ground starts shaking. "Hiccup?" She asks and they turn to see guards following them.

"Run. Run!" Hiccup tells her as they pick up her hair so she doesn't get caught on anything and run.

They make it out if the tunnel and find they're outside a dam for the place.

They look around and see there's a cave on the other end of the crater they could escape.

Rapunzel starts to come up with a plan and hands Hiccup the frying pan. "Hold this." She throws her hair and wraps it around a board and swings over.

Hiccup looks at the guards exiting the tunnel and he gets his sword out ready to fight these guys when Rapunzel throws her hair around his hand as he reaches for Inferno.

She pulls him away and Hiccup swings past all the guards.

"Ha! So long, suckers!" Hiccup cheers when he turns out for his stomach to get crushed by a board. "Ow."

Rapunzel looks and sees the guards break a piece of the dam to use as a board to get to her. Hiccup grabs her hair and uses it the same way she did for him.

"Come on, 'Punzel!" Hiccup tells her and she leaps into the air and swings to the ground where Hiccup joins her by going down the water pipes just as the entire dam starts coming apart.

"Run!" Hiccup tells her as the water comes and hits one of the rock pillars and it blocks their way out.

They go searching for a way out as the water starts filling in and notice that it's a dead end.

Hiccup ended up cutting himself with Inferno trying to light it back up, but it got wet, rendering it useless. He goes down under the water to try and find them a way out but it was nothing but darkness. "It's no use. I can't see anything."

Rapunzel tried herself and Hiccup brought her back up.

"It's no point, 'Punzel. It's complete darkness down there." Hiccup tells her as they start fearing what comes next.

"This is all my fault." Rapunzel says and starts tearing up. "She was right, I shouldn't have done this. I'm...I'm so sorry, Hiccup."

"Berk." Hiccup finally told her.

"What?" Rapunzel asks.

"Where I'm from, it's this place called Berk. You asked were I was from. Doubt you've ever heard of it; it snows for nine months and hails the other three there. I was cast out after I became friends with a Night Fury, my friend I told you I lost...he's a dragon." Hiccup explains where he's from to her and she's shocked to hear about a dragon. "They considered me a traitor, and if they found me, I might be sentenced to death at home. Which is why it's so hard for me to find a new home...nobody listens to the full story, just sees me as they saw me. A traitor."