Chapter 5: X

An unknown and strong energy surrounds the area. The time stops in place. Everything is frozen.

Astrid: Oh? Would you look at who it is. 

Unknown voice, It's nice to meet you. I've been expecting you.

Vel: How is there a separate screen? I didn't create it.

Astrid: Of course, you didn't create it. It's not your system, but rather the system of the unknown voice.

Vel: So the unknown voice you told me about, this screen is his?

Unknown screen: Correct. It's nice to meet you.

Vel: Damn. It's actually another being talking.

Unknown voice: Let's get to the point. Welcome to my world, Astrid.

Astrid: You said that once before.

Unknown voice: ...... You wanted to challenge me. So here it is.

Astrid: I mean, I said it whimsically, but ok.

Unknown voice: ..... This is the world of Famuteed. A world whose area is so big that-

Vel: Not as big as your mom.

Astrid bursts out laughing.

Astrid: It's an old joke, but I will give it to you that you got him with it. And got him really good.

Unknown voice: ..... Want me to continue?

Astrid: Ahem, my apologies. Continue.
Unknown voice: The area of this world is #&$@?. So yes, it's pretty big. Bigger than you could ever imagine.

Astrid: Who said that I couldn't imagine how big it is?

Unknown voice: It's just a phrase, you know.

Astrid: Uh huh? Ok. Continue.

Unknown voice: So my challenge to you is that you have to fight me and beat me.

Astrid: Ok..... there is more, am I right?

Unknown voice: You have to beat this world first. And of course, there will be rewards if you do. Like new powers. I am sure you have already noticed, but there are some energies in the air. These energies will help you increase your power.

Astrid: Ok. I expected that already, but what's on with this world? Tell me more about it. And before that... why are you even answering questions and telling me this stuff?

Unknown voice: Why not? It's more fun that way. And you need to be stronger to be able to defeat me. You are simply not strong enough.

Astrid: Oh ho? Is that so?

Astrid flicks his finger, and immediately the unknown voice's system glitches out and malfunctions.

Astrid: So. Do you still think I am not strong enough?

Unknown Voice: Hmph. You are too full of yourself, you know that?
Suddenly, whatever Astrid did gets reversed, and everything becomes like it was.

Astrid: Oh? How interesting!

Unknown voice: Now it's time to answer your next question. You wanted to know more about this world, right? As I said before, this is the world of Famuteed. This world has four continents and 10 gods that manage it and the continents. People pray to them and ask for their blessings.

Astrid: So there are four continents and 10 gods. Hmm ok. Anything else?

Unknown voice: Also, the areas outside of the continents are highly dangerous areas with extremely powerful monsters.

Astrid: How come I didn't see any when I was outside for a month?

Unknown voice: It's mainly because the area you are in has relatively less powerful monsters, and they were all scared.

Astrid: Scared of what?

Unknown voice: You and the massive energy you are spewing out of your body like it's free.

Astrid: Oh, that was the problem? Let me fix that real quick, then. Vel...

Vel: Got it.

Astrid: Ok, she is taking care of that. Now, please continue.

Unknown voice: Yeah, good that you are actually turning off. The amount of energy you were spewing out was comparable to that of a Supreme class.

Astrid: But I was just my normal self. It's like I wasn't even emitting any energy.

Unknown voice: Oh well. Now the last and final thing I am going to tell you about this world is.... Dungeons. They are everywhere. They are places where-

Astrid: Basically the dungeons in video games from the 21st century of earth?

Unknown voice: Yeah, basically.

Astrid: Ok.

Unknown: And lastly, this is a new system you are going to have. This will display your stats and information about this world. Meaning Famuteed. And also, this will give you quests to guide you to me.

Astrid: Good, I guess.

Unknown voice: It's been nice meeting you. I am looking forward to our next meeting.

Astrid: I am looking forward to it too.

Unknown voice: I am always watching...

Astrid: While you are going what should I call you?

Unknown voice: I am GOD.

Astrid: ..... Did you really pull that?

Unknown voice: *smiles* Call me..... X