Chapter nineteen

I left my bedroom just slightly past seven in the morning and headed towards the gym on the first floor of the estate

I left my bedroom just slightly past seven in the morning and headed towards the gym on the first floor of the estate. I had been using my bedroom to exercise when I didn't feel like going all the way downstairs and then back up just for a shower, which was most of the time, yet today I felt good.

It was clear what had made me feel that way but I tried not to let it all go to my head. I felt strangely energetic and woke up, thinking that she was in bed with me. It was disappointing to learn otherwise but nonetheless, I felt good.

I wore a pair of grey sweatpants, white sneakers and a plain white T-shirt. I listened to music through my headphones as I walked past my office and Eduardo's before taking a turn to the right and then opening the first door to my left.

The entire gym had more than one facility to use. On the right, there was a space filled with fitness equipment, ranging all the way from treadmills to boxing bags and shelves with dumbbells. On the other side, there was a glass-covered indoor pool, specifically for working out and thus was much deeper than the one in the backyard.

I placed my water bottle on a small table by the door and began to stretch my neck as I moved towards the bench press. I sat down, facing the glass doors that led to the enclosed pool and almost continued with my exercise before I noticed someone moving in the water. I frowned as I slid my headphones down to my shoulders and stood before moving near the glass. I could hear the water splashing inside but something like a jolt ran through my body once I realised just who was swimming around.

Brielle wore a black one-piece with some cuts near her ribs, exposing her slightly tanned skin. Her hair was thrown into a bun and she looked very content as she moved under the water with only her head above the surface.

I couldn't help but smile as I watched her, seeing her in a complete state of calm and relaxation. Moving my hand towards the door handle, I opened it and immediately startled Brielle.

"Sorry, I didn't mean that," I said as I entered and watched as her face relaxed again and a smile appeared on her face.

"No worries," she swam on her back while looking at nothing in particular. I leaned my back against the glass as I crossed my arms over my chest and watched her floating around.

"I did not expect to see you here," she smiled faintly before turning onto her stomach and swimming laps around the pool. I had to force myself to look at her face before I made the mistake of climbing into the pool and waking up half of the estate.

"Verona told me about this pool. It's much warmer than the one outside and, not to mention, closed off," I smiled. "I thought that you would be up and running to whatever mafia business you have," her words made me chuckle as she leaned against one of the edges in front of me and looked up to meet my eyes. She looked so damned beautiful that my entire heart fluttered at the sight.

"Did you sleep well or did something bother you that you awoke so early?" She smiled.

"It was fine. I guess I had a rough evening but it's alright. Nothing I couldn't move past," she said and made me wonder what she might have had in mind.