[unexpected visitor]

A knock echoed throughout Y/N's home in the dead of the night. Who could it possibly be? Y/N went through a list of all the people who would unreasonably knock on her door at such a late hour. Not many people knew she stayed up so late.

Well, as far as she knew, no one would do that.

. . .

Right?

Then she started to panic. It's a possible intruder. Y/N grabbed a cooking knife and crept up to her front door. She peeked out the window.

Nothing. Just a trick of the wind.

Y/N cautiously opened the door to see Saiki standing in the door frame with a wrapped box. "Saiki, why are you here?" she asked reluctantly.

Saiki gave the tiniest of smiles. 'Happy birthday, Y/N.' He held out the box, showing the amount of care and detail he tried to put into wrapping a tiny present.

Y/N's mind started to buffer. Uhh... Her ears turned red at her own reaction. She started to laugh it off. "Haha, Saiki-san! Forgetting to use my last name and honorific, I see!" she said haughtily. Y/N blushed violently. Why am I acting like a stupid middle schooler?

Y/N stopped herself. "Wait, Saiki-san, how did you know it was my birthday today? And how did you know I'd still be awake?"

'I kinda know everything about you, Y/N.'

Y/N rolled her eyes. "Yeah, I remember now, Mr. Stalker."

Saiki glared at her. 'Be lucky I even went to get a present for you.' Unfortunately, he just couldn't be mad at Y/N, so he softened his gaze and let his cheeks turn pink. 

Out of embarrassment, he shoved the present into Y/N's hands and once more said, 'Happy birthday, Y/N.'

Y/N had now turned completely red at this point. "Thank you, Saiki-san," she mumbled as she delicately caressed the bow that lied on top of the box.

Saiki began to walk away when he paused. Hesitantly he said, 'Maybe...you could call me by my first name too?'

"Oh! Okay, uhm. Sure...Kusuo," Y/N managed to say.

There was a long, awkward pause before Y/N walked up to Saiki. "Thank you, again...Kusuo," she said bravely and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before she ran back into her house.

She peeked outside her window seeing a profusely blushing Saiki standing dumbfounded. Y/N sank into her bed and buried her face into her hands. Why did I do that? That was incredibly stupid of me...

His present was still lying on her desk unopened.

Y/N slowly took it from her desk and began to carefully unwrap it. Inside a small box, there were hair pins--exactly like the antennas that Saiki wore every day. They were obviously not functional, just cute little accessories.

Y/N laid down on her bed and put the hair pins on her desk, where they were ready to wear for the next day at school.

A/N: No, it's not my birthday, but I wanted something finally interesting happening between Y/N and Saiki. Sorry that my pacing is so slow hehe. If it's actually your birthday, then lucky you!

So sorry I haven't been updating much, though. The next two weeks that I'm in possession of this laptop, I will try my absolute hardest to keep writing! I love you all so so much!)