Manual love-Jihoon treasure 🩹💖

Requested by: Iliketreasure00

The first time Park Jihoon really notices you is when you leave a note in his locker, asking to see him in your classroom after class hours. You're both freshmen at Seoul's premium performing arts high school, and barely two months of the school year have passed. Jihoon already dreads the awkward confrontation, but is too polite—and too unwilling to make enemies—to turn you down.

"Park Jihoon," you say, your ears blazing red, "I like you."

He asked around about you before coming here, finding the typical background: kid from the provinces, looking for a company to enter as a trainee, multi-talented. Unlike most of the others, however, you take your studies seriously, and naturally attract the other academically inclined students in your class. Bossy, blunt, and forward—not really words to describe an idol personality.

"Um," he says, trying to find the words to say. You're watching him with a calculating look on your face, and he swears you can see right through the bullshit consoling words he's about to spout. Instead, he says, "I think we'd be great friends."

And you shrug, closing your eyes before smiling at him. "It was worth a shot. You mean it?" Jihoon is surprised to find he does, that in a school full of fake smiles and soulless civility, your honesty is refreshing. When he nods, you come closer and shake his hand to seal the deal.

It's awkward at first, especially when you join Jihoon at the lunch table where he normally eats alone. "Why'd you confess to me when we've barely said two words to each other?" Jihoon says, tact thrown to the wind. You don't seem to mind, shrugging as if you hadn't been a blushing mess the day before.

"You're driven, charming, and cute," you say. "What's not to like?"

"And this isn't weird for you?" he says carefully, poking at his food. While he's well-liked, he doesn't really have anyone whom he can trust.

You laugh, reaching out to pat his hand. "It'd be a loss to me if we weren't friends just because of a little crush. You're sweet, Jihoonie. Don't worry; I'm over it."

As the year goes on, you end up partnering together for most of your projects, since both of you are taking the same major. By far, the two of you are the most competent at your majors in your year—Jihoon helps you with your acting classes, and you're a stricter vocal coach than the one the school provides.

It's easy for the two of you to slip into a routine, your training calendars syncing complementarily. It helps that you're still in the audition process at a lot of different companies, so you can pick up his slack as a trainee. With a joint set of online notes, keeping up with different class material is simple, and any time you spend preparing for practical tests are moments for you to tutor him in math or for him to explain chemical reactions to you.

Both of you live at the school's dorms, your roommates out often to do promotions. Jihoon's room becomes your favourite study place, particularly because it's big enough for you to practice dance routines. By your second term, you've practically moved in, the late nights cramming for yet another project ending with you asleep in his absent roommate's bed.

Jihoon slips in and out of classes more often, the company he's with telling him he's likely to debut with a new group. You're constantly texting him encouragement, taking pictures of the whiteboard in classes and the black bean noodles you'll both eat as soon as he's back from training. He finds himself missing you, though he never says so. Jihoon's never been good at finding the right words to say, not the type to express emotions unless it's necessary.

One day, he enters his room with a grim expression on his face. Immediately, you ask what's wrong, and he hands you an envelope with x-rays of his knee.