Chapter 13: Gabriella Jordan

I wake up alone. It sort of makes sense to me since Roman and I didn't talk about sleeping together, but I figured he would get the message that it's okay because we had sex. I wouldn't have done that with him if I wasn't comfortable sleeping in the same bed as him. 

I understand that he doesn't want to push any boundaries or anything, and I could appreciate that in some regards, but this seems a little over the top. After eating out my vagina, I would hope he would know that he can sleep in the same bed as me. And it's his bed anyway. 

He didn't even kick me out of his bed. This man is going to drive me up the wall. I'm glad that he's waiting for consent to do things, but he didn't even try. He didn't even wake me up and ask. 

It's cute, but I would have loved to wake up beside him comfy in his arms. It sounds heavenly. I wanted that.

I get myself out of his bed, with his top blanket wrapped around my shoulder and dragging behind me, to go search for him. I find him sleeping on the couch, a thin blanket placed over his body. I gently crawl on top of him and snuggle into his chest. 

It doesn't take even a minute for Roman to pull me deeper into his hold, his arms moving around my waist to envelop me. I hum quietly in happiness and wait for him to wake up completely. He runs his fingers through my hair with one hand, making small circles with his thumb on my back with the other. 

A warmth spreads through my chest, and I have an overwhelming sense of joy. I can't explain it. My whole body is lit on fire, and it makes me want to laugh and smile. A shiver of pleasure runs down my spine when he hugs me tight and lays a kiss on my forehead.

"Good morning, little dove," he grumbles, his voice groggy from sleep.

"Good morning, Roman. I would've been fine with you sleeping with me last night."

"I didn't want to do anything you were uncomfortable with, so I decided that we should talk about it first before I do that," he says with conviction.

He wouldn't change his decision. I like that in a man.

"Well, if you're comfortable with it, I'm very much comfortable with it," I admit, laying a light kiss on his collarbone.

"I'm on board with that."

We sit there together in quietness and peace, taking the silence as it is. I enjoy not feeling pressure to talk. I always have something to talk about, I'm just one of those people, so it's not like I don't have anything to say, but I don't feel like I have to say anything. 

There's a difference between having something to say and wanting to talk and being forced to talk to fill the awkward empty space. But empty space with Roman isn't uncomfortable or awkward.

"Do you have to go to work, Gabriella?"

"Usually I would, but since I worked three shifts yesterday, I can't. I can't work too much overtime. Why do you ask?"

"Would you be interested in spending the day with me?"

I'm honestly surprised he asked.

"Am I allowed to see Devil's Rose things?"

"Uh, I don't have to work either. That's not what I meant. I didn't mean to confuse you."

"Oh," I answer dejectedly; he did warn me about this, "right. I should have known. I would love to spend the day with you."

He sits up, cradling me in his lap. My hands rest on his shoulders, my legs tight around his waist. He brushes a piece of my hair away from my face and glides his fingers over my cheek.