Chapter 18: Roman Grant

Seeing Gabby's reaction to my tattoo was one of the greatest parts of my life. She wasn't expecting it at all, and it was funny to watch her almost faint over it. There were so many worse ideas I had in the quick decision that I made to get the tattoo. 

I wasn't lying when I said that my mom used to say "Be kind to yourself" to me, and I had thought about getting a tattoo that said it, but it wasn't until Gabby said it to me that I was absolutely sure I wanted it. 

The dove was an added thing because I want to be reminded of her. Maybe we won't last forever and even though I love her, we don't end up together. I'll be heartbroken I'm sure, but I want to remember her. I want to remember the way she made me feel.

After she got over the initial shock of it, she was more thankful than anything, gushing about how great it looked to Theodore. We head back to my place, Gabby feels a little sick to her stomach again, and I'm glad that I decided to drive my car instead of the motorcycle. 

I probably could've stopped her drinking earlier, but she was having a good time, and she honestly didn't drink that much. I think she's more hungover than she would usually be because she hasn't been that drunk in a while. 

She's also being dramatic about it. She's using it as an excuse to do nothing but lay in bed all day and cuddle. Although I do feel like I should do part of my job today, not out of guilt but because my job is important, I also know that other people can do it for me. 

I don't think anyone would mind if I didn't take my shift today.

"I'm going back to bed, Roman," Gabby mumbles, stumbling to my bed and flopping down like she does every time.

"I'll be there in a sec."

She grumbles into the covers, so I don't hear a word she says. I shake my head and call Alpha, wanting to know if he's okay if I take the day off.

"Are you asking me for the day off? This is unheard of," he teases through the phone.

"Just so I can spend some time with Gabriella. Is that okay?" I question weakly, already starting to feel bad about even thinking about taking the day off.

"Of course it's okay. You deserve to take the day off."

"I'll be back up though because we aren't going to be doing anything at my apartment."

"Sure, that's fine. I'll put Scout on it, Slasher's tired of the computer."

That seems about right. The only reason Slasher was behind a computer for so long was that we didn't have that many men who wanted to do that job. While I love it, it's not for everyone. Slasher is way more interested in being in the field. 

However, with Scout, Kate, and even sometimes Piper, we have more than enough people to work the computer. This allows for Slasher to do what he wants to do and leaves watching security cameras and researching to the people who like the job.

"Thank you, Alpha."

"I'm just thankful that you're taking the time off. I'm glad that you talked to Gabby."

"Me too. She said exactly what I needed."

"That's the thing about having the women we care about around. They seem to know what we need when we need it."

"When you met Persephone, did you know that she was the one for you instantly?"

"Well, when I met her, I was taking care of her after all that happened to her. It was a different kind of love at first, I think."

"Because she depended on you."

"Exactly. But being in love with her? It took me time to realize that I was, but I don't know how long it took me to fall in love with her. Probably not that long. Are you feeling that way toward Gabby?"