Chapter 17: Gabriella Jordan

"I haven't had this bad of a headache since my college graduation."

"Uh, Gabriella, you graduated like five months ago."

"I know, Roman, but that's a while ago."

"You were the one that wanted to drink the night away. You were having a great time."

"I have vomited four times this morning. Alcohol poisoning is a thing."

"You don't have alcohol poisoning. You were not going to get alcohol poisoning. You're hung over."

"Don't yell at me. I'm sensitive right now."

"Oh my god," he whines, rubbing his forehead, "I don't know what you want me to do about that."

"Be gentle with me," I whimper, pushing myself deeper into his arms that are tightly wrapped around me.

He scoffs but calmly runs his fingers through my hair. I bury my face into his neck, letting the warm covers wrap around me. 

I remember quite a bit from last night. I wasn't exactly black-out drunk, but I was drunk enough to need help getting my shoes off which Roman had the pleasure of doing. 

He took me back to his apartment, got me ready for bed (even brushing my teeth), and cuddled with me until I fell asleep. He then took care of me this morning, holding my hair back when I had to puke too. I seriously haven't gotten that drunk in a while. 

I'm not a lightweight, but I am also not someone who can drink a lot without any effects. I'm so glad that it's Saturday. He's right when he said it was the best day of the week, I think I agree with him.

"I realized something, Roman."

"What?"

"I met Vegas the night I met you. He was standing outside and handed me off to Slasher who brought me to you."

"Why is this important right now? I'm trying to understand."

"It's not. I just thought it was an interesting fact."

"It's very interesting. Thank you for sharing."

"Don't be condescending, jackass."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to come off that way, Gabriella. I didn't mean to be rude."

I sit up slowly, wanting to get a better look at him. I straddle his waist and pull him up to me, so he's sitting with his back against his headboard with me in his lap. His arms drift around my waist, and his fingers caress my spine. I cradle his head in my hands, holding him to me.

"Is something going on?" I inquire softly.

"You calm me, little dove-" I have no idea where this is going "-and because of this Alpha is letting me divulge information to you because I need to talk to someone about it. You're the person I want to talk to about it."

"Sure, anything."

"There are a lot of layers, so I'll shorten it. About five months ago, there was an arms dealer organization that was causing the Devil's Rose problems. The leader, Andrew, had been evading us, evading me for weeks. It was a bad and dangerous situation. 

"Anyway, Andrew wanted to infiltrate Devil's Rose to take us down because we were hindering his business. He used Kate, the Kate you met today, his daughter, to get inside the MC. 

"He succeeded in doing that because of me, and it ended in Kate having to kill Andrew, her father. But Kate infiltrating DR put everyone in danger, including Bear's children because she came as a nanny to his kids."