Chapter 7

She was at the Sabaody fair.

The kind man who bought her an ice cream had disappeared.

"Y/N-chan, there you are."

She turned to see her uncle by her side now.

"Uncle Borsa!!" She hugged him by the leg. "I was scared when I lost you but there was this kind man who stayed with me! He also got me an ice-cream!" She said excitedly to her uncle who raised a surprised brow.

Actual nice men in Sabaody?

"That was very nice of him to do so," he smiled at her. "But don't stray too far away from me again okay?"

"Okay."

She was lost. Again.

She had strayed too far and found herself lost again.

"Now, now, we can't have you getting lost like this again, young girl."

She turned to the voice and grinned as she saw the man who had gotten her her ice cream.

"You got separated from your uncle again?"

"Yeah.." she admitted sheepishly. "But oh! He was just here. I want you to meet him. Maybe if we search together we can find him," she began excitedly.

"Oh, I saw your uncle from a distance," he smiled at her.

"Then why did you not come talk to him?" Her face fell slightly.

"Ah, that's because," he paused and then resumed carefully, "your uncle hates people like me."

"Why?" An innocent question by a 7 year old.

"Well, because I," he bent down by her face for dramatic effect and whispered, "used to be a pirate."

Wide eyes followed his as he stood back up straight.

He then gave her a deep look.

"Will you hate me too now, young girl?"

Knock knock.

Another two knocks on her table brought her back to the world of the waking.

"Huh?"

Zoro looked at her questionably.

"I said I'm done breaking the rocks in this area, where should I go next."

'How long was I asleep?'

She glanced down at her wristwatch.

"You just have some time left. Take a break."

Nodding, he walked off to where some others were also resting.

'Why am I suddenly dreaming of the past? Is it because -

"Why didn't you become a pirate?"'

She looked over to where Zoro was sitting.

Was it the appearance of this certain pirate that had her questioning everything again? Was it his free spirit, or his don't-care-if-I-die attitude? Or was it envy over how closely knitted he and his nakama appeared to be?

Did she want something like that too?

Did she want to be free like he was?

Did she want to be free with him?

His eyes caught hers looking at him. He squinted at her, confused and that was enough to break her out of her trance.

Whipping the air, she turned her direction to the other prisoners.

"LINE UP!!"

***

Somewhere in a certain ship, a strawhat Jolly Roger flew proudly in the evening breeze while 7 silhouettes gathered round a table where a newspaper article was spread out.

A hand decidedly slammed the article.

"In three days, we move!"