Chapter 1: New World, Same Problems

Kamurocho 1989

The streets of neon lights beaming and the echoes of crowds walking past, as if the time goes by normally, but most people never realized the war in the underworld, the underworld ruled by the 'Yakuza'

Set in late 1988, there was a Great Ordeal war that happened in the underworld had killed lives, all for the sake of power and greed over one small land.

 Sacrifices have been made, murder has commenced, and desire threw other Yakuza factions away. But the past is the past, and the war finished with lives left behind and forgotten, as that is the way of a Yakuza. 

Well, one person, in particular, knows fully of a Yakuza's duty, from way before the war, till the now present, that person's name is, 'Kazuma Kiryu'. 

He played a big role in the tragedy of the war, by being in his family's clan, the Dojima Family.

He got accused of murder in a highly valued place that was investigated by police for his family's lieutenant's actions for a higher ranking.

He also had to separate himself from his blood-sworn brother 'Nishikiyama', and experienced the tragic deaths of his close ones along the way.

Kiryu has been in tragedies more than he can count, but that's what he was sworn into, by becoming a Yakuza by his foster father, 'Kazama'. 

He knew his duties by being a part of the Yakuza, having to always look behind your back, never letting your guard down, and always expecting a fight. 

Through those duties, Kiryu doesn't abuse his authority and experience, he uses those traits to protect those that he loves and is close to, protecting innocent civilians, and forgiving his foes to give them second chances. 

Ultimately, we're all human beings, but as life goes on, we continue being weak and cruel to one another, disregarding everyone, and pulling ourselves down.

 Kiryu strives to push forward to create a better future for everyone he loves and cares for, and will continue doing so, whatever it takes.

Some time went by after the war, having some peace for a short while till an inevitable problem might occur in the near future. 

But that time might come sooner than Kiryu expected, as he strolled around Kamurocho, doing some errands for Kazama, because of Kiryu being brought back into the Dojima family, and Kazama getting out of prison. 

He got interrupted by a man bumping in front of him, having his shoulder pushed away, Kiryu still looked forward away from the man, as if disinterested in the interruption.