Chapter 2: 'Little Red Riding Hood'

Some moments passed after Kiryu left the Creature alone and wanted to investigate his surroundings.

He'd constantly gaze at the shattered moon, thinking of its origin and history on its appearance.

He then happened to reach the outside of the forest area and come across a city, dark and dim from only the street light posts and some building's lights on.

Kiryu: "(A city... so there is civilization... hopefully it is humans mainly)" He thought to himself.

He started walking toward the city, hoping to find people residing there.

Kiryu walked through the dim and empty streets of the city.

He turned to the left and the end of the street and saw a central walkway, he then stopped to witness a couple of people strolling by.

Kiryu: "(Good, there are humans in this... world?) *Sigh* (Or whatever this place is)" Kiryu thought as he started walking again. 

As he was walking, he would gaze at all the people walking and talking in the streets, and he also got some glances at himself.

Kiryu: "(Hm... all of these residents look like foreigners... I'm not in Japan.. and they're probably thinking I'm not from here too)" Kiryu thought as he observed the residents.

Kiryu stopped on the side of the walkway, trying not to draw too much attention and to take a break from all that happened within less than half an hour.

He reached into his pocket to check if he had some cigarettes to have a break, fortunately, he still had some and a lighter as well, Nishiki's lighter.

Kiryu had the end of the cigarette in his mouth as he looked at the lighter in his hand, thinking about his blood-sworn brother, Nishikiyama, and how will he get back to him.

Kiryu: "(Nishiki... I hope you're not too worried about me... I'll find a way back to where I came from.. in wherever the hell I am now)"

Kiryun then lit the cigarette with his lighter and put the lighter back into his jacket pocket, inhaling and puffing out the smoke.

He has the cigarette out of his mouth as he puffs out the smoke, and he gets stares from people around him, staring as he smokes.

Kiryu thought of it as weird, or maybe something on his face like blood of some sort, he turned around to look at a dark window to use as a mirror.

Kiryu stares at himself and a couple moments later, he has a look of confusion on his face, he couldn't find any blood but that wouldn't be important if there was.

Observing himself more closely, he notices his facial features are younger and smoother, and his hair is also a bit darker black and a little short.

Kiryu: "(What? I look younger like I'm 18 or a little lower)" he felt his face as he stared at himself in the mirror.