chapter two

The next morning Sarah woke up with a pounding in her head. She was extremely confused at first but then she remembered that last night was her birthday party. She looked around trying to remember more about how she ended up in her bed until she noticed that her clothes were missing. She freaked out and immediately checked the other side of the bed. She was shocked. She gasped and her eyes widened at the sight. Matthew Sturniolo was sleeping next to her. Him also being undressed.

The girl stood frozen in her side of the bed not knowing what to do until the boy next to her wope up himself. He was confused too at first, but then he saw the shocked girl next to him and his own eyes widened at the realisation.

"This cannot be happening right now" the girl said standing up from the bed looking around for her clothes. "Oh my god, no no no. Oh my god what am I gonna tell Chris? Oh no this is so bad" the girl frantically exclaimed as she put her clothes on. "Hey! Relax! Chris doesn't have to know about it and neither does Nick. They probably don't know about it. Do you remember? We kinda ditched them yesterday so they probably don't know if we were together or not." the boy said calmly.

He too put his clothes on and they left the bedroom. The living room was a mess. Plastic cups were all over the place and teenagers were passed out everywhere. The pair woke everyone up and soon enough everyone was out of Sarah's house. Chris and Nick were sleeping on the couch so Matt decided to wake them up. When everyone was awake and headache-free, they started to clean the house.

Chris and Nick could sense that something was wrong between their brother and their best friend. They usually would argue over something. Right now, they don't even look at each other. Chris was the one to throw the trash out so when he left the house, Nick took the opportunity and asked the question he had been dying to ask.

"Did something happen between you two yesterday? I mean, I realised that both of you weren't at the party while I was eating some chips but I didn't think you would be together" exclaimed Nick confused.

"Nothing happened, we weren't together. I didn't even know he wasn't attending the party, I just went to take a break from all the chaos and ended up falling asleep on my bed" Sarah lied easily to the boy in front of her. "Yeah, I didn't realise Sarah wasn't attending the party either. I went to the bathroom for a while and I had drunk a lot yesterday so I guess I kinda slept in the bathroom. That's where I woke up, so I guess I slept there?" Matt said while he pretended to be confused.

"Oh, okay then. I thought something happened between you two and you didn't want Chris to know" Nick explained.

After a while Chris was back and the group had already cleaned the whole house. Sarah offered the guys dinner, as the time was already 9:30 p.m., but they said that they had to get back home. She obviously understood and hugged the boys goodbye.