chapter eleven

Sarah answered the phone, since it was her phone the one that rang.

"Hello?" she answered, there was no Caller ID so she didn't know who it was, "Sweetheart?" she hears a very familiar woman's voice, "Mom? Where are you calling me from and why do you sound like that?" The girl started to worry about her parents, "Honey, look I know you are angry at us and I know you don't want to talk to us, but we have to talk. Firstly I'm really really sorry about the way me and your father treated you when you needed us the most and I completely understand that you needed your time and space, away from us, but please I beg you forgive us" Sarah listens to her mother crying and she tries to understand what's going on.

"Mom? What is going on? I forgive you, it's okay I understand and I know it was in the heat of the moment and dad didn't mean what he said and I'm also sorry about the way I treated you when I didn't answer your calls and texts, but what is going on? You're freaking me out right now" the girl said worried about the parents' well being.

"Listen sweetheart, I know you're with Mary Lou right now, and I want you to keep staying there as long as possible, I don't want to scare you-" "mom you're scaring me right now by not telling me, please just tell me what's going on!" the girl interrupted her mother, yelling at her in the meantime, "Sweety... we are getting evicted.." Sarah hears her mother's cries over the phone and stays silent. "What?" she lets out a whisper, "How?" "I know honey I know, but please don't let your mind overthink it, okay? Me and your father have it under control and we will get another house, we'll come visit tomorrow, I've already talked with Mary Lou, alright?" Evelyn asked her daughter, "Yeah, okay" and they hung up.

"What happened sweety?" Mary Lou asks when Sarah returns to the kitchen, "You called my parents?" she asks a little angry, she knew that Mary Lou only wanted the best for her and she wanted to help her, but what her father said really hurt her feelings and she didn't want Mary Lou to talk to them before she could.

"Oh Sarah.. I'm so sorry honey, I know you didn't want to talk to them, I really do and I'm sorry I didn't ask you first but I had to call them. I'm a parent, I know how they feel, I wanted them to know their child and grandchild were okay and safe, I didn't tell them anything else. I just invited them over because I want you to talk to them, you need your parents sweetheart, you really do." Mary Lou apologized to Sarah as Sarah cries in her hands.

"What happened in the phone cal Sar?" Matt softly asked his girlfriend, "We're getting evicted. She just told me that we're getting kicked out of our house! Where am I gonna live? Where is our child gonna live? Where will my parents gonna li-" she was interrupted by Matt's 'suffocating' hug. He kissed the top of her head twice and layed his own against hers. They hugged until she calmed down.

"I'm sorry I just don't know what to do and how to deal with all this stuff. I'm just eighteen for god's sake! What did I fucking do to deserve all this stuff!" she was angry, sad and nauseous at the same time. She quickly run to the bathroom to throw up, she really needed that. Matt followed her, held her hair as she puked and then she brushed her teeth and hugged him. "Thank you so much for being here with me right now, I don't know if I could go through all of this by myself" she truthfully admits, "Always Sar, always" he kisses the top of her head once more and the couple returns to the kitchen.

"I'm so sorry for yelling at you Mary Lou, I know you do everything you can just to keep me safe and happy, I overeacted again I'm so sorry" Sarah says as she hugs the woman who has been there for most of her life, "Don't worry about it sweety, I know how difficult it is for you, you're a young lady that is carrying a child inside of her, a young lady who went through horrible stuff this month and a young lady who's home is getting evicted. I know how much you're hurting right now, I can only imagine how hard it must be for you, but I'm always gonna be here for you, not only me, everyone! We all love you honey, don't forget that" Mary Lou says as she kisses Sarah's cheeks and leaves the kitchen.

Everyone else was quiet the whole time, Jim followed Mary Lou and Justin had to go to work, so the only ones left were the triplets and Sarah. "I think I wanna start looking for my own apartment" Sarah says after a few minutes of silence, "Wow that would be so cool, we could like, have 'our own place' without any parents and we could do whatever we wanted!" says Chris excited. "Wow there buddy, not whatever you wanted, I'm gonna be living in this house with my child, we're gonna have to take care of her/him" Sarah explains as the boy calms down.

"I think that would be great, yeah. Whenever you feel ready and whenever you are good financially, then I'm not gonna stop you" Matt admitted to the girl with a big smile on his face, he was really happy she thinks of starting a new life, with him in it this time, no more 'enemies', just them.