unforgivable curses

Harper Potter

I headed towards Defense against the Dark Arts and heard nothing but bad rumors and a lot of weird things about my teacher. Something about him being strung out and crazy.

I walked in just on time and looked for a seat. Harry was next to Ron and Hermione next to Neville. Most of them were full so I could either sit next to Heather Mcbunfly who's entire body stank like she never showers or I could sit next to Draco. That was an obvious choice so I made my way towards him. Harry obviously watching me make this decision was fuming. Eh, he'll get over it.

"Hey," I said to Draco as I sat down next to him and placed my stuff on the floor.

"Welcome welcome," He said grinning at me.

"What now?" I questioned the boy.

"Nothing Potter just that I'm not surprised you're sitting here," Draco replied.

"It was either here or next to Heather Mcbunfly so don't feel too special," I said with a large hint of sarcasm in my voice.

Draco looked over to Heather and back to me, "We both know you wanted to sit next to me anyways Potter."

I leaned in close to his ear so only he could hear me, "What happened to last night where you were practically begging for me to call you Draco because of 'our deal' Mr. Malfoy."

"I don't know what you're talking about Mudblood," He spat at me.

What the actual fuck. There's no way he just called me that like I can't keep up with him.

"That's how you wanna play it then?" I said to Draco cockily with a definite anger behind each of my words.

Our professor still hadn't come in so I decided to make a little change to our seating arrangements. I looked around and saw Mattheo Riddle just a few seats behind. He definitely heard our entire conversation and was looking right at me. I got up with my stuff and made my way towards him.

"Hi Mattheo"

"Hi Harper, mmm huh just let me guess you need me to help you with this little argument you and Mr. Bipolar are having?"

"Yes please," I say literally begging.

"Alright but you owe me ok?"

"Obviously," I replied.

Mattheo told the guy next to him something and he just got up and moved next to Draco. I went and sat next to Mattheo and made sure my seat was extra close to him. I looked Draco's way and boy I've never seen such annoyance in his eyes. I didn't even have to do much to piss off Draco. It was almost too easy.

I just looked super interested at whatever Mattheo was saying and I know Draco was seething in his chair. Our professor finally came in after like 20 minutes.

He wrote his name on the board. 'Alastor Moody'

He began to speak, "Ministry malcontent. And your new defence against the dark arts teacher. I'm here because Dumbledore asked me, end of story, goodbye, the end. Any questions? When it comes to the dark arts, I believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how unforgivable curses there are?"

Hermione then said, "Three."

The rest of class was something about how you can't use them and you'll go to Azkaban. The imperious curse, the cruciatus curse, and the killing curse. I've learned about these like two years ago so I zone out the whole lesson. About an hour later class is finally over.

I turned to Mattheo and said, "I literally didn't think we would make it out alive between Draco and our professor performing unforgivable curses."

"Ok so it wasn't just me that thought that class was completely unhinged," Mattheo said to me jokingly.

"Nope there was definitely something going on. Maybe Moody is taking shots of some reallyyyy good stuff in that container," I said.

"So rude of him not to share with the class!" Mattheo said.

I couldn't stop laughing this kid was actually so funny. I like Draco's friends much better than him. Speak of the devil, as me and Mattheo were walking out of class laughing, Draco decided to be once again a total arse.

He walked right in between me and Mattheo bumping into us both harshly.

Mattheo quickly said, "Come on Draco don't be like that. Calling her a mudblood is out of pocket."

"Potter being a total whore is out of pocket. She's just going around like a disease," Draco said before he got a punch straight to the face shutting him up very quickly and knocking him out.

"Oh my god," I quickly said.

I look to my left and it's none other than my own brother who punched the idiotic boy.

"Harper, you ok?" My brother asked me while his hand was covered in Draco's blood.

"I should definitely be asking you that. Your hand is covered in blood Harry," I said concerned for my twin.

"It's not mine," Harry quickly replied.

I look back at Draco and remembered he's legit unconscious. I know he was an arse but he was knocked out cold. Just gotta make sure he still has a pulse and I can leave. I put my hand to his neck to check his heartbeat and he's perfectly fine, just unconscious.

"Alright he's fine we can go," I said laughing.

"Mattheo, can you take him to the infirmary please. I hate him, but just make sure he's fine alright?" I said to Mattheo, my brother scolding me as I did so.

"Harry, thank you for that and you had every right to, but he needs to get checked out. You did knock him unconscious if you didn't notice. Good punch by the way," I said chucking at Malfoy's passed out state.

Mattheo began to say, "Yeah don't worry Harper I've got him, you go with your brother."

"Thank you," I whispered towards Mattheo.

He just nodded back at me and I left with Harry, Hermione, and Ron.

We left and headed towards the Goblet Room where students of age could enter the tournament. I saw Cedric Diggory put his name in as we walked in and sat down.

Ron then started to say, "Eternal glory, be brilliant wouldn't it? In three years from now we'll be old enough to be choosen."

Harry replied to him, "Yeah well rather you than me."

The twins came in cheering and headed towards me and Hermione, "Thank you thank you, well lads we've done it," George said.

Fred added, "Cooked it up just this morning."

"It's not going to work," Hermione said in a sing songy voice that made me laugh at the twins actions because she was right.

"Oh yeah? Why's that Granger?" Fred said.

Hermione than began to explain the age line and how Dumbledore drew it himself. The twins jump inside the age line, and both start to cheer. They put their names in the flame and for a moment it worked. Then the flame fires up and they're flung across the room onto the floor. Me and Hermione both were laughing so hard our stomachs hurt along with the rest of the students.

The twins got up and had grey hair and full grown beards. Obviously they started fighting and just yelling at each other. I was definitely gonna make fun of them later for this. Victor Krum came into the room and entered his name into the flame. He looked at me and smiled, I just smiled back.

"Did Victor Krum just smile at you?" Hermione said laughing.

"I have no idea what just happened," I said in shock.

"He is so cute Harperrr, I hope he asks you to the Yule Ball," Hermione said with excitement in her voice for me.

"The Yule what?"