第9章

Cruel Murderer

They were back at the camp. Hitomi's head rested on Niki's shoulder as she was about to fall asleep until she saw something. "Hey it's her!" She suddenly whooped and pointed at the white cat, who followed them from the forest.

"Put me down." Hitomi said and gently tapped his shoulder to put her down, and so he did.

"Hi, kitty. You followed us." She squated and petted the cat's head.

"Why are you talking to it? Like it would actually understand you." Niki stated and furrowed his eyebrows.

"You can't know do they understand. None of us can't know." Hitomi said thoughtfully while scratching the cat's soft tummy. Niki huffed and headed inside.

"Wait!" She stood up with the cat on her embrace. He tiredly turned his gaze back and stared at Hitomi. "What?"

"Can we take her inside? It's cold, just for this night?"

"What? No, it does good on it's own."

"Niki, please?" She walked closer to him and held the cat, petting her head gently. "Look at it, she wants to."

Niki looked at the cat in her arms and then into her eyes furrowing his eyebrows again. He sighed, "Okay, fine." He opened the door and went inside first.

"Yess." She whispered happily and a smile formed onto her lips.

-

"I'm tired, I should go to sleep." Hitomi said to herself as she entered her room. She took a free blanket from her bed and placed it on the floor. "You can sleep here." She patted the blanket motioning the cat to come there.

"I should name you by the way. Maybe.. Yuki, you're white like snow, so Yuki is good, right?" She quietly whispered to the cat. She didn't want to make loud noise if Niki already went to bed. The cat settled down on the blanket and took a comfortable laying position.

"You should sleep now Yuki."

Hitomi stoop up, turned off the light and lay on her bed, tucking the soft sheets on the top of her.

-

Birds were singing outside and the daylight shined through her window. It's the last day of the field trip, last morning waking up in this cabin. She yawned stretching her arms and got up from her bed. The blanket on the floor was empty when she checked it. 

Where did Yuki go?

Hitomi didn't see the cat anywhere in her room. She left the room to go see where that little cat could've gone.

"Here, have some." Niki offered a bowl of milk to the cat who was standing patiently in front of the small wooden counter. Hitomi was surprised to see it. She thought he didn't like her bringing the cat here.

"You're feeding her?" Hitomi asked in disbelief even though it was obvious.

"Yes, I didn't know what cats can eat so I gave it some milk."

"Her name is Yuki." Hitomi corrected as he was calling the cat 'it'.

"Yuki? You named it?"

"Of course I did."

~

Before the last affair Hitomi wanted to go see her friends. She brought Yuki with her so she can show it to them. Mina and Yuma were sitting at the campfire together, probably talking. 

"Hi, Hitomi!" Mina waved at her from a distance when she noticed her.

"Hi, Mina!"

"What are you holding?" Yuma widened his eyes when he saw the cat in her embrace.