第13章

Drenched

"Do you girls wanna do something after school?" Yuma asked while playing games on his phone at the outdoor bench. 

"I'll stay at the library after school." Hitomi informed.

"Okay, well, maybe some other day then." He said with his gaze still on the mobile game.

"Hitomi, what are you always doing in the library?" Mina inquired curiously.

"Well, sometimes I study and or then just read some interesting books. I like the time there. I love quiet places." Hitomi explained.

"Okay, that's nice."

"Woohoo! Yumeng! Let's go play!" Niki hopped towards them. He gazed Hitomi who looked annoyed and then wrapped his arm around Yuma.

"Hey! We had a discussion here. You interrupted us." Hitomi huffed and reached her hand to unwrap Niki's arm around her best friend, but he didn't budge as expected.

"No we didn't?" Yuma confusingly furrowed his eyebrows and stood up from the bench, about to leave soon. He also turned off the game and slipped the phone into his back pocket. 

"You don't trust me at all, don't you, Hitomi?" Niki leaned closer to her and reached his hand to her face, caressing her cheek playfully.

"No!" She shouted, agreeing with his sentence and slamming his hand away.

"Let's go." Niki patted Yuma's back and they left. Hitomi angrily kicked the leaf from on the ground, "He's so annoying!"

"Let them be, Hitomi. You know Yuma likes soccer and Niki too, obviously. The same interests unit people." Mina stated, willing to calm her down.

"But.. Yeah, whatever." Hitomi gave in.

~

After school, Hitomi was sitting in the library couch reading some new mangas. There were only few people with her, one of them was at the table studying and the other was exploring the books on the shelves.

These are boring. Let's find something else.

Hitomi wandered around the aisles and grapped a book she found interesting. It was called, 'Western Myths' She opened the book, flipped through a couple of pages, but accidentally cut her finger to one page.

"Ah-"

Oh shoot it's bleeding.

She left the library to go wash the blood off from her finger, since there was one bathroom pretty near the library. As she entered the bathroom, she saw there a group of three girls, that she didn't know, and didn't pay much attention. She walked past the girls and used the sink next to the wall. The girls were whispering something, so quietly that she couldn't hear. Hitomi quickly glanced at them while washing the blood off.

I wonder if they're talking about me. Well, why would they be? They don't even know me.

The girls directed their gaze at Hitomi, "You're Hitomi, right?" One of the girls asked. Hitomi's eyes widened in confusion and she furrowed her eyebrows a little.

How do they know my name? I don't think I know these girls.

"Y-yeah, I am." Hitomi turned off the tap, that she was using and turned to face the girls.

"What is you relationship with Niki?" The closest girl inquired and stepped even closer to Hitomi.

Niki? Why is she asking that? Does she know him?