Chapter 8: Semantics

***

"Lately I've heard about your interest in the jewelry industry" I uttered after taking another sip of tea.

"Yes well, what about it"

"Have you suddenly become interested in the industry as well?" the Marchioness chuckled.

"I suppose you could say so"

"Recently, I've come across a few undiscovered gem mines" I added.

"However, I can't do much with the mines by myself"

"The mines are undiscovered right now but, who knows how long they'll remain that way"

"After all, just think of how much they're are worth"

"And I hear these days jewelers are paying top dollar for the locations of undiscovered mines"

"I get your point, so what is it that you're proposing?"

"Let me be your supplier"

"I know you're having trouble securing gems in bulk for your future business so here I am offering my services like a god-"

I cleared my throat, "like the good samaritan that I am," I said as a smug look formed across my face.

"Have you lost it after coming back from the dead?"

"This isn't a game Lady Ivanna" the Marchioness responded as she crossed her arms.

"You can't expect to make a deal with me when you yourself are unsure of how this industry works"

"I know I'm not as knowledgeable as you in such an industry, however,"

"That doesn't mean I'm unable to recognize talent when I see it" I swiftly replied.

"All I'm trying to do is simply invest in something that I believe has a profitable future"

As I maintained eye contact with the Marchioness, I began to focus on her features.

Her looks were truly something.

She had pale skin accompanied by long deep blue hair that seemed a little washed out.

Her hair was tied up into what looked like a half-up half-down hairstyle.