Chapter 9: Give and Take

***

The next day, after waking up, I started working on the task the Marchioness gave me early.

As I sat at my room desk, I kept trying to come up with the best way to approach the situation.

I lacked sufficient information on the Marchioness's sister as well as the potential investors she had been interfering with.

I talked a big game to the Marchioness but I was running out of time, 

Can I really make this happen in just three days?

Calm down...let's think about this rationally.

I don't know enough about the Marchioness's sister to threaten her to back off.

Not to mention it's not like I can contact her within three days since she's outside of the Empire.

And the investors...I know nothing about them, how am I supposed to convince them to reinvest in the Marchioness's business?

Realistically, I should be at an advantage being within the Empire but,

Without any information, I'm at a serious disadvantage.

Of course, they just had to breeze over this stuff in the tv show, I thought as I banged my head against the table.

"Are you alright my lady?" Eleanor asked with a concerned tone.

"I'm fine...don't mind me" I replied with my face flat against the table.

After a couple of minutes passed it suddenly dawned on me, wait a minute,

THE INFORMATION BROKER..., I thought as I sat up staring at the wall.

THE EYES AND EARS OF THE CASTILLO EMPIRE,

What was his name again?

Sol- something...

Solon...no

Solange?..aish no that's not it.

This cursed memory of mine is never useful when I truly need it.

Whatever...all I remember is that he runs some kind of tavern in the town square.