chapter 17

Anastasia's POV

"Is there any improvement?" I crossed my arms and stared into Xaervin's eyes that avoided my gaze. "I apologize, your Highness." He stared at me with puppy eyes as I sighed.

"I didn't know that the assassin had a barrier that surrounded him," He held his head down while apologizing, "What did you do with the body?" I raised a brow.

I tried my best not to bite my lip in annoyance not only did the Empress sent an assassin to spy on us, Xaervin couldn't control his mana the moment his magic hit the barrier of the assassin. Thus, resulting in our situation right now, waiting for the results of the physical exam because Ariliana 'fainted from the impact'— well that's what we've been telling the staff.

"He's still alive, I kept him down in the chambers your Highness." Xaervin kept his head down and explained. My gaze went to Calix who was talking with a guard, but it wasn't a normal royal guard. It had his hood down and they were talking with secrecy and caution.

"Sister.." I felt a hand tugging my dress, as I looked down I gaze upon Calisto with worry in his eyes. "Ariliana will be fine Calisto, don't fret." I carried Calisto in my arms and patted his back. He nudged his face to my neck as he hugged me tightly.

"Older sister," Calix called out to me, his gaze went to Xaervin as his face went dark. I raised a brow, a sense of hostility between the two became apparent.

"Speak brother," I raised a brow, he composed himself and cleared his throat.

"Ariliana is awake, it'll be better if we speak to her." My eyes glistened with his news. "Let us go then," I approached him before he quickly stopped me, his eyes with caution.

"Only us sister, people with no royal blood of the Valentine Kingdom cannot enter the room." His eyes fixated on Xaervin who had a blank gaze.

"A-ah, I see." I replied, my face turned to Xaervin as his face softened. He had a small frown but nodded. "Let us enter, Calix." My hand held Calix as my other arm was use to carry Calisto.

The door opened and closed automatically as soon as we entered, right off the bat I could tell this wasn't a normal room. It had a surge of mana roaming around, my eyes wandered as it spotted a luxurious bed with fabric from above covering it.

Ariliana's faint silhouette emerged from the shadows of the fabric, I could hear her faint cries of pain. We approached the hooded doctor who was inside the fabric, looking like he was healing her.

"What kind of room is this Calix?" I raised a brow. He turned to me and smiled, "I knew you would sense the mana here sister." He sighed and approached the bed. The fabric was unveiled to reveal Ariliana panting profusely, her chest rising and deflating suddenly with every second of breath.

My eyes widen, what the hell happened to her?!

"This room was specially ordered by me for Ariliana and Calix to explore their powers without the empress nor Father knowing, it's protected so that the only people who do not need permission to enter are the offspring of Emperor Krill Dyeon Valentine and Empress Eris Laverna Valentine." Calix smiled, I flinched to the part of the empress, I mean I am a child born out of wedlock.

How much did I really know about the characters here? There's no way I could've known there was a secret room for magic in the ROYAL PALACE made by THE CROWN PRINCE.

I almost stumbled back from the information, "O-oh, that's an impressive decision brother." I faintly smiled back, I sat down beside them as I gazed upon Ariliana. I held her hand, it was burning cold, her mana was out of control.