chapter 23

"How funny to think a mere child of a Goddess can try to change the fate of her destiny!" A loud rumble came from the man in front.

"Don't dare to speak about my daughter in such a way." Her eyes pierced through the man, her gaze contained such anger that not even he himself can avoid.

"Funny to say such a thing, (————). Didn't you abandoned her when she was just a child? Don't act so high and mighty now." The man's words left her embarrassed.

She couldn't deny the truth, how could she? It'll be insinuating that she had no fault.

"I gave her life, and I will continue to give her reason to live through it. Whatever paths she may take, I'll support her even if it taints the stupid rules you made up." The beautiful man could only laugh in amusement at the woman's words.

"How fascinating! You have such faith in a girl that you didn't even raised personally! Fine, let's settle a bet with this," the man held her chin as their gazes met.

"If she gets to find you in the next three years, I'll be the one to set you free with my own hands. But, if she can't handle such a simple task then I'll slit her throat right in front of your pretty eyes." The woman was left shocked by his statement.

He suggested a bet but it wasn't really a suggestion.

It was a threat and an order.

Even if she didn't agree what could she do?

"One way or another, I'll escape here and save everyone that was affected by your greediness." The woman taunted as the man could only laugh at her foolishness.
—————————————————

Anastasia's POV

"Xaervin! What's happening? Why am I covered in blood?!" I asked in a panic, his face held confusion as he could only raise a brow.

"Y-you were yelling and such, your maid and the others tried to suppress the noise inside your room so it wouldn't reach the ears outside." Xaervin's usual warm gaze had a hint of malice in it.

I gazed around the room, this isn't my room?!

"Where am I?!" I yelled and backed away, I felt a weird gut feeling that something wasn't right.

Xaervin's hair was a little bit longer than the usual, his hair was sort of short, fluffy, and kept well.

But this Xaervin's hair was a little bit longer, and...

My eyes drifted downwards to his chest, my eyes widened.

"Why are you naked!" I threw a pillow against him as he looked dumbfounded, I gazed at my body and my cheeks blushed red.

WHY WAS I WEARING LINGERIE?!

"Y-your Highness, are you alright?" Xaervin's gaze at first glance looked like it held concern, but under that I could feel his anger and malice.

"S-stay away! Stay away please! Get me my clothes!" I yelled, my hands reached for the blanket on 'my bed'.

He looked bewildered, almost confused with a hint of concern. He grabbed for my clothes with his magic and went to the bathroom as I changed.

I noticed a mirror on the right side of my desk, I observed my body as hickies were spread around, my body went red.

Based on the description of the place and Xaervin's behavior towards me, I could only tell I was in the original storyline.

Mae-Rom, I'll kill you when we meet again!!

My head then filled with pain, as I stumbled back. The bathroom suddenly opened, before my body could touch the ground.